360 Camera discussion.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Aye, it does currently require you to start and stop the 360 camera as required rather than keep it recording for the journey.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
If I can get a mounting method I am happy with, I think this will work well for green lanes and some nice twisty bits of road.

Reactions: tom650

tom650

Wannabie Member
Dec 25, 2018
I ride a
DR650
So in order to used it within the other vid that you shoot, what do you do? Pick a section of road and do a short run then turn it off?

Hippodrone is this what you had to do in order to use several clips to go with the vid? That would be time consuming while getting footage for a vid.

Have you all found must all 360 cameras to have this draw back?

tom650

Wannabie Member
Dec 25, 2018
I ride a
DR650
Sorry lupin didn’t read your other post before putting my last up. I agree. I can see where making small clips would work but if I did a 20sec 360 clip of a nice section of the trail or road but I only need 15sec to go with the audio I won’t be able to clip it? Any work arounds?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
aye, we can split clips that way, but that would require re-uploading the video file to the phone each time and then trimming it to the next bit which is time consuming and will drain your batteries really fast.

The way I have done my stuff in the past was record a full length vid, open it in the beta PC editor and play it full screen while doing a screen capture with my PCs graphics card and edit the playing video to show what I wanted it to be looking at while recording the screen. I've then put that footage into my vlog as a PIP so match the time of the helmet camera so the audio aligns. It is an awful clunky way to do it, but at the time it was my only option. It has issues doing that though as the video seems to play at a different speed so need to adjust that too.
The IOS app as being used in the video you linked to works far better than the Android app, I don't have any IOS products so have to use the unfinished Android crAPP. TBF, the Android app is getting better, but is lower priority to them apparently, and the bete PC editor is even lower priority, which to me is totally backwards.

I've never had any other 360 camera, the resolutions from them until now have not quite been good enough. Even the One X and Fusion are still a little lower quality than I would like, but it is just about good enough now.

tom650

Wannabie Member
Dec 25, 2018
I ride a
DR650
I did read in the insta360 one x user group on FB that they were coming out with a PC update in January but as with other things you need to take it with a grain on salt.

We will see. I ordered the one X yesterday so should have it by the end of the week. I use IOS so I’ll let you know. Plan on doing some test clips if the weather breaks around here.

Reactions: HippoDrone

tom650

Wannabie Member
Dec 25, 2018
I ride a
DR650
It’s all still new to me so some of the terms you use I’m learning. What is a PIP? I would also think in doing that to the vid it would add to downgrading the clip

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
It’s all still new to me so some of the terms you use I’m learning. What is a PIP? I would also think in doing that to the vid it would add to downgrading the clip
PIP Picture In Picture, it is where you overlay a video over another, sometimes you do it small so both show, other times full screen so you see one screen but get the audio from the other still.

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Supported by Suffolk SEO who helps maintain this site.