I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
I try and not use any music unless I get it from YouTube. The whole process is just not worth it for me.

To be honest I don't like the whole fair use thing. Anyone can take a clip of your video and use it in theirs and claim fair use. That does not mean they are right but you have to find that clip and then put in a claim etc.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
That is good news, I hope it never effects me but it is great that YouTube is doing something about it. I have a few videos which I have used music and rightfully so they were claimed, but I had no intention of monetizing those vids for myself as the music use was intentional.

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Good news I reckon. Especially the part where the person claiming the copyright has to provide timestamps of where the misuse occurred.

Reactions: HippoDrone

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Very good news, and a long time in coming. Every YouTube copyright strike against me so far as been from a bogus record company claiming the rights for a song I used that was copyright free the whole time (I have about 3 more claims to fight against, but all in good time). I'm glad to hear that YouTube is working to prevent this from happening, as it seems to be a con where YouTube took the side of the campany claiming to be the copyright owner without even investigating their claim to begin with. That seemed to be the case for the companies whose claim I challenged and once presented with the evidence that the work was copyright free, they quickly dropped the claim without a complaint.

I also fully agree that there is no such thing as Fair Use. If someone takes something that belongs to you for their own content, regardless of length, and especially if they are making a profit from it, then you, as the copyright owner, have the full right to take them to Federal Court (at least here in the US) for copyright infringement. I tell this very point to my students with the message that if they want to be professionals, then their days of pirating content are over.

I'm a long way from monetizing my channel, but knowing that this policy is in place is comforting. Thanks for posting this Anthony.

- Wolf

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
With the likes of Casey and other mega big channels (non-moto) kicking off, it's no surprise and a good one

Reactions: HippoDrone

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Won my latest battle against YouTube's copyright strike against me. I'm three for three!

Note this is exactly as I had claimed before. A bogus company makes a claim that they are the copyright owners of a track, when they aren't. In this case a company/record label called RouteNote made the claim when in fact it is Norwegian BlueRecords who are the copyright owners. Also, the track is the under the Creative Common's Attribution-ShareAlike license.

- Wolf

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 11.10.57 AM.png

MotoGinji

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R Special Edition
If I use music I try to get royalty free music that creators designed to be used for youtube. So if in the future I can monotize my channel, i wont get copyright striked on my old videos I make now.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
This will also make it so I don't have to edit out every time a damn bagger pulls up next to me blasting Kenny Chesney or Lady Gaga! I certianly ain't giving them any of my money (which I don't make because I'm not monetized)!

• Haha
Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
This will also make it so I don't have to edit out every time a damn bagger pulls up next to me blasting Kenny Chesney or Lady Gaga! I certianly ain't giving them any of my money (which I don't make because I'm not monetized)!

I can't count how many of the Tuckesse HOG riders I used to ride with ruined a shot by playing Kids Bop 28 or some other nonsense.

I always wanted to ask a couple them the reason behind loud pipes if they then turned around and bought louder stereo amp?

Reactions: scooterwuf

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts