YouTube uploading | What days and time do you upload and why ?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I keep videos banked as I know I'll not be able to ride every week, so having a months worth gives me a buffer. I used to do 2 videos a week, but rona, and I am kind of liking just doing one now. If I find myself with a time sensitive video, I'll maybe post it up on a Sunday, but normally I will just put it to the front of the queue for my next regular Thursday upload.
Because of some time sensitive videos, I actually had to keep quiet about my new bike for over a month so as to not ruin the continuity :D

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Right? I've put up 2 videos this week that were on my vulcan 800 bobber, since I rode it while my Harley was in the shop... and I've had the Harley back for a week, but can't post the videos yet because it would break continuity!

Oh well, they're both scheduled for next week's uploads :D

-John

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Right? I've put up 2 videos this week that were on my vulcan 800 bobber, since I rode it while my Harley was in the shop... and I've had the Harley back for a week, but can't post the videos yet because it would break continuity!

Oh well, they're both scheduled for next week's uploads :D

-John
It is the trouble with recording so far in advance

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
I generally try to upload mine for scheduled release on a Saturday at 1200. I have found this has previously helped me get views. I would love to offer insight as to why this is but I can't.

Never gave it much thought before and tbh don't feel I get enough traffic to justify spending too long analysing it at the moment.

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I just scheduled a "throwaway" video (it's a quick USB Hub review) for release tomorrow (Saturday) at noon, along with the associated blog post. We'll see how that one does. I think it has a nice, simple thumbnail with catchy wording on it, and the title is more just what it is.

I'm curious to see how that one does.

-John

Reactions: HRMV

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I know this is an older thread, but what do y'all do with extra videos? I've currently got 5 uploaded to YT in Draft mode. 3 or 4 are regular vlogs, the other 1 or 2 are reviews and such.

I typically schedule releases for Tuesday and Friday (this week they're 8 or 9AM my time, usually has been 7pm my time - just trying something new), but a couple of times I've felt that something was time-sensitive so I posted it as soon as it finished processing the HD version.

On one hand, I can grab (hopefully) extra views by releasing NOW, but on the other, I may have a week or two where nothing gets uploaded because I released 'em all early.

-John

Depends, review i often upload instead of a regular vlog.
But if i have content abondance, and i know i won't be without content in a few week i do drop the third video from time to time.
Sometimes it happens to be a couple of weeks in a row with 3 uploads instead of 2, and than back to 2 we go ;)

Reactions: Drakhen99 and HRMV

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
I just scheduled a "throwaway" video (it's a quick USB Hub review) for release tomorrow (Saturday) at noon, along with the associated blog post. We'll see how that one does. I think it has a nice, simple thumbnail with catchy wording on it, and the title is more just what it is.

I'm curious to see how that one does.

-John
If you follow any of my socials you may notice I never used to care about the thumbnails or associated posts... Trying to put more effort in now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated General Discussion 11

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts