Youtube Updated

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
I'll be the first to go on record i'm having mixed thoughts/feels with the new youtube styling. After playing around with some of its new features, The new Dark Theme looks hella awesome imo. Also if you guys prefered the old youtube styling, you can always revert back under your avatar(where creator studio is etc...), then at the bottom :)

I have to say the Dark Theme is a great addition. Especially when im work doing absolutely f all :D and all the office lights go out. No more watery eyes from the sheer brightness of the Light Theme haha

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
My thumbnails look shit with the dark theme. Now I have to redo them all.

I used a black bar on the edge that now looks crappy.

Matt Leech

What chicken strips?
Jul 17, 2017
Sheffield
I ride a
BMW F800 GT
+1 for the dark theme from me.

Dark themes are good for mobile devices with amoled screens, they are far more battery friendly.

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
I like the look of the new layout, but im bloody pissed they changed the function of the top right menu button (where your channel logo goes) on desktop.

I used to use it to quickly glance at the subscriber numbers on my other channels from any page. Now I have to actually load up all my channels' individual home page like a pleb.

Reactions: CaptYanni

lupin

Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I like the look of the new layout, but im bloody pissed they changed the function of the top right menu button (where your channel logo goes) on desktop.

I used to use it to quickly glance at the subscriber numbers on my other channels from any page. Now I have to actually load up all my channels' individual home page like a pleb.

I'm using a chrome extension that shows that. I just can't remember which one does it.

MIcruiser

SW Michigan motovlogger
Sep 25, 2015
SW Michigan
I ride a
2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300
https://www.youtube.com/c/MIcruiserGUY
I dont like that they buried the analytics. I liked the old way of hitting my channel and there is sub count and total views at the top, click views and there is analytics. Took me a few min just to find where they were. Thats how software updates work though, if its a nice feature, it usually gets the hammer.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I currently hate the new look and that it auto plays videos when you open a channel. Ta for letting me know how to switch back!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I've sent them feedback as there is so much broken with the new look. I also am not a fan of the dark view as it makes my channel art look awful as I chose it to work well with a light background. This will potentially put folk off your channel if your branding only suits one of the views.

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
If i had to give a negative, then id say i hate how google+ it feels. But apart from that i have no quarrel with it. My branding looks fine imo. And i don't usually bother with thumbnails to much. Shame that some of you guys are having issues though. But like all new things, the bugs will eventually be patched. I have a feeling this version is here to stay though otherwise they wouldn't realise it on 'stable'. Fingers crossed they keep the 'revert to old' available for you guys

CaptYanni

CaptainYanni
Aug 28, 2017
Perth
I ride a
Ninja 300
I do like the new look and the dark theme feature is nice. But I much prefer the older look, it's much easier to view your analytics as others have said. Also, they removed "My Channel" button from the left on the new one which I don't really like. Hopefully they fix these things, I'm going to keep using the previous version until they do.

Reactions: HippoDrone

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
I do like the new look and the dark theme feature is nice. But I much prefer the older look, it's much easier to view your analytics as others have said. Also, they removed "My Channel" button from the left on the new one which I don't really like. Hopefully they fix these things, I'm going to keep using the previous version until they do.

'My Channel' has been moved to where it should be located. Under your avatar (where creator studio is). Left hand pane should be subscriptions/playlists. I for one am all for that update lol

Reactions: CaptYanni

CaptYanni

CaptainYanni
Aug 28, 2017
Perth
I ride a
Ninja 300
'My Channel' has been moved to where it should be located. Under your avatar (where creator studio is). Left hand pane should be subscriptions/playlists. I for one am all for that update lol

Aha I guess I just might be lazy and prefer just clicking once to get to my channel, instead of clicking twice haha. :D

Reactions: HippoDrone and 2WV

Sharktank

Wannabie Member
Sep 2, 2017
Tampa, FL
I ride a
2011 Road Glide Custom
Just getting started with the motovlog channel and wasn't sure if it was because it was a new channel or not. Not a fan. I have a fishing channel too, but admittedly it's been a while since I put a video up. I find myself clicking around to find things versus being able to just go right to them.

lupin

Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I'm so over the new theme. Thankfully I use the tube buddy shortcuts for most things anyway.

Not really sure what to do about all my thumbnails though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Theodor Off Topic Chat 4