• Total voters

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Well unless you have been hiding under a rock I'm sure you have seen some of the "larger" youtubers winging about this. Even to the point of threatening to quit (which we all know they wont)

Personally I've seen no ill effects as I honestly feel its all the people that are using click bait that are really being affected.

So lets discuss, is anyone here that has real subs feeling the effects of the new algorithm?

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Its youtube, there is no real explanation. This is the whole thing, nobody really knows how it works, there is only rough outlines and educated guesses as to what goes on.

AlphaShark

Most Excellent
Sep 22, 2016
Sydney
I ride a
Suzuki Inazuma 250
Its claimed YT is automatically unsubbing people if they do not 'interact' with channels they are subbed to.

Don't think so. I subbed to various channels from music to gaming and I do the whole not watch video content for 6 months and then binge watch the channel over the course of a few days, say on lunch breaks for instance. If YouTube started doing that they'd be pissing a hell of a lot of people off who sub to heaps of stuff and keeping their subscriptions in some grand cycle of 'I'm in the mood for something else, move onto next channel'.

I looked up quite a few videos regarding this mysterious algorithm. Derral Eves and Tim Schmoyer are 2 guys everything youtube I learned from when I was learning (and still learning) how YouTube works and how to properly optimize a channel. I'm still in the process of optimizing mine (I've only existed for a few months haha).

Reactions: HippoDrone

BlakShadow

The Masshole
Sep 26, 2016
Massachusetts
I ride a
Honda Shadow ACE 1100
Not me, but I only started a couple of months ago and have very few subscribers to lose. You start with nothin, you end with nothin. What do you lose? Nothin!!!

Reactions: AlphaShark

JoshAFJ

Because Motorcycle
Sep 21, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
I ride a
07 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
I think I'm too small to really see a change. The way I see it is if they change it we all have to adapt and market ourselves more and more. Gottta put in the legwork!

Reactions: BlakShadow

BlakShadow

The Masshole
Sep 26, 2016
Massachusetts
I ride a
Honda Shadow ACE 1100
I think I'm too small to really see a change. The way I see it is if they change it we all have to adapt and market ourselves more and more. Gottta put in the legwork!

That's how I see it. YouTube provides the service, so they get to make the rules, and change them at any time. Some win, some lose, as with anything.

Personally, I think some of the larger YouTubers have let their fame go to their heads, rested on their laurels, and keep doing the same thing. That gets boring, which loses viewers and subscribers. I think Casey Neistat did the smart thing, quitting vlogging at his peak, rather than begin a slow fade into obscurity as a washed-up has-been.

MotoNoob

Wannabie Member
Dec 27, 2016
Middletown, DE
motonoob.com
I ride a
2002 Honda Shadow VT750
Still new to motovlogging, so I haven't been (knowingly) affected... hoping to get some more subs and see how the impact can be shifted with the application of a bit of SEO/Marketing in the description/tagging, etc.

BlakShadow

The Masshole
Sep 26, 2016
Massachusetts
I ride a
Honda Shadow ACE 1100
Sixmiffedy just posted a different take on what all this means.

In his opinion, YouTube may actually be FAVORING smaller channels more than they used to, at the expense of the big guys who are complaining about lost views. That might actually be good for the rest of us.

BlakShadow

The Masshole
Sep 26, 2016
Massachusetts
I ride a
Honda Shadow ACE 1100
It's a common theory. So is that the beef with Jake and DoItWithDan against Yammie Noob was all staged for drama and views. So is that the moon landings were fake. :D

Arctic Pride

L Plate Member
Mar 3, 2014
I ride a
lot of different things
In his opinion, YouTube may actually be FAVORING smaller channels more than they used to, at the expense of the big guys who are complaining about lost views. That might actually be good for the rest of us.

They want content not whining videos, I randomly had a video hit 6k view in a short amount of time which for me is well outside the norm.

Reactions: BlakShadow

BlakShadow

The Masshole
Sep 26, 2016
Massachusetts
I ride a
Honda Shadow ACE 1100
They want content not whining videos, I randomly had a video hit 6k view in a short amount of time which for me is well outside the norm.

It's not so much that YouTube wants it, but viewers want it. As a result of videos with actual content being searched for and viewed more often than whining, screaming, and non-stop wheelies, those videos become more popular, and the "popular" channels that do the other stuff decline.

Ironically, though I was among many who made a response to Jake's "Motovlogging is dead" video disagreeing with it, I actually agree with much of what he had to say about the algorithms changing and so on. Other major vloggers on completely different topics have said exactly the same thing about the algorithm, and they're all right about it. Jake and some of the other big channels just happen to be on the losing side of it at the moment.

tumblr_mudkhujYs51r5a08so6_r1_250.gif

Arctic Pride

L Plate Member
Mar 3, 2014
I ride a
lot of different things
I do find it interesting that many of these people basically see YT as an employer. Who by the way has no transparency with its employees. This is the equivalent of an IT department making a major change overnight that has horrid effects on systems causing users to be delayed, less productive e/t/c. Those people would likely be fired but yet all these creators just seem to stand around. The smart ones will start looking at other platforms where their bosses might be a bit more helpful.

Reactions: Cherrie

EXEMoto

Wannabie Member
Mar 27, 2017
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja
Youtube isn't what it once was, it's mostly dead. The smaller channels don't have a chance :)) and the funny thing is that some of them are even better than the big ones.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
would hardly say dead, a friend of mine has had over 3 million views on one video she posted and over 15k views on many more. Her stuff isn't my cup of tea mind but the viewers are still there, you just need to interest them and get lucky on folk passing the word

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated General Discussion 11

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts