Your videos go in the Members Vlogs section

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Just realised this thread had a name which related to the old name for the video section.

New members will need to have some interaction on the site before posting videos, as this stops the minority coming and just self promoting, which is what this site isn’t about.

Existing member still have to be active on the site rather than fulfil the initial criteria and only post to promote a new vlog.

We want to make it a community, therefore members who contribute to the community are free to post, and if you’ve not been about a bit, it’s not a problem, just get involved and you can post your videos. We have had some abuse of this in the past, but abusers are easily spotted, so we can clean up and keep the forum community led.

Cheers

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I forgot which website/forum it was, but I recall there was one which actually had a "credit" system, where you had to have "credits" to post in certain sections, and you gain these "credits" by posting in other sections.

So let's say posting video section is a "prime" section where any posts made in that section will cost a certain amount of credits, let's say 10 credits, and these credits cannot be gained from posting in the prime section, so commenting on someone else's video post in the prime section doesn't gain you credits (but is free to comment/reply only not post video). Credits are instead obtained from posting/commenting in non-prime sections.

I guess the ecosystem works where if you are active in all sections your reward is credits where you can share your videos in the video section but since it costs credits to post, you will also want to make sure you are sharing the good/popular videos not just sharing everything you have.

I just found it quite interesting that they had such a system. Of course if admin wants some side cash there's always paid bundle packages with certain amount of credits and stuff, but personally I wouldn't go there.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
We didn’t have credits, but we did have a post count required to post videos, and comments in the video section didn’t count.

Over winter this doesn’t help so much as fewer people are active and have less to say, so there’s less to comment on. Hence the new system which is a little more relaxed to make things easier. Potentially open to abuse, but then again that’s easily dealt with!

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Post counts are like a one time activation thing, the minute you reach the target number, you have full access, credits however get used up and you need to replenish by continuing to be active in the forum. That's the main difference which I wanted to share. I'm not saying to implement it, just sharing something interesting I came across before. :) Now give me my credits! LOL..

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I like the points idea, would certainly make moderating easier.

Reactions: SighBored

808MLS

@808MotoLifeStylez
Apr 15, 2019
Hawaii
808motolifestylez.com
I ride a
2018 BMW S1KRR
2015 Harley Davidson FLHXS
Welcome to my world :)

Forums have a hard time with Google at the moment. As said I'd sooner a forum with 100 active members than 1000 daily video posts

It's crazy this site isn't populating on Google, I found it completely by chance while looking for something totally none-related. I only say that because I see the post date on this and I'm like wow... I know all to well the time and energy it takes to run a solid site/forum. Well before FB became popular i had a couple of SMF sites. Well, thanx for sticking it out and providing a forum! \m/

• Love

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I've seen how spammed some of the FB pages and groups get that are not moderated, I tend to leave them once that happens as there is no point trying to create friendships on a site filled with spam. That is why I love this site, it filters out the BS (I hope) and those that stick around become more than just a channel we follow! :)

Reactions: LandyVlad

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Yeah I've been checking out the FB groups too, they certainly do get spammed. Even still I have managed a few views and subs from there already, even in my amateur beginner state.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Yeah, there are 2 groups on facebook that i actively use and spend time on.
Some i share a video once in a while.
And some i have abandoned.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts