You Are Invisible On A Road Full Of Retards

kuhlka

Wannabie Member
Jul 7, 2014
SoCal OC
youtube.com
I ride a
2011 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red, 2007 Ducati 1098
You will come off. Accept it and put it to the back of your brain.

This piece of advice is why so many kids try stupid shit on the road. "Well crashin' is just part of ridin'!"

I have yet to crash on the street and don't plan to anytime soon. I still hoon the shit out of my bikes.

sixmiffedy

Wannabie Member
May 1, 2015
North West England
I ride a
2002 Suzuki SV650S
This piece of advice is why so many kids try stupid shit on the road. "Well crashin' is just part of ridin'!"

I have yet to crash on the street and don't plan to anytime soon. I still hoon the shit out of my bikes.

I disagree, it lets you be free of the fear, kids do stupid shit on the road due to arrogance, cockiness, peer pressure, feeling like they're invincible and they know everything.

kuhlka

Wannabie Member
Jul 7, 2014
SoCal OC
youtube.com
I ride a
I disagree, it lets you be free of the fear, kids do stupid shit on the road due to arrogance, cockiness, peer pressure, feeling like they're invincible and they know everything.

Fear is a good thing. It lets you know when stuff's getting dangerous and when to dial back. The character traits you listed tends to go right along with the squids who think 'crashing is just part of riding' and most of those d-bags glorify wrecking bikes.

Freeing yourself of fear is done through training and getting to know the limits of your machine. The only thing 'crashing happens' applies to is racing. When you're trying to push the ragged edge on the track that's bound to happen. On the street, most wrecks can be avoided by paying attention and not riding like an ass.

Reactions: EDcase and Lurch

sixmiffedy

Wannabie Member
May 1, 2015
North West England
I ride a
2002 Suzuki SV650S
I agree fear is a good thing but s fear of crashing can make you paranoid and lessen your ability as a rider.

Yes most wrecks can be avoided but I'll bet if you put a poll up the majority of riders have had an off whether that involves anyone else on the road or just yourself sliding on gravel or horse shit, defensive rider, hoon, anyone really, training will only take you so far, you can't account for the actions of everyone on the road.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
No, but you can mitigate them, by riding to the conditions and to how far you can clearly see.

Reactions: kuhlka

sixmiffedy

Wannabie Member
May 1, 2015
North West England
I ride a
2002 Suzuki SV650S
You can yes but not eliminate, based on how many hours we do on the road the likelihood is you're going to have an off.

Just because one dude hasn't crashed and doesn't like what I said doesn't make it not true.

What I said was based on my experiences, hearing the experiences of others and talking to loads of other riders and the majority have had an off, most aren't even hoons as I've never hung around with that type of crowd.

ToastRider

Geezer Ninja
Jul 18, 2015
I ride a
Kawasaki Concours 1000
Kawasaki 454 LTD
1. The bike goes where you look.

2. Avoid buying too much first bike, because you WILL drop it.

3. The bike goes where you look.

kuhlka

Wannabie Member
Jul 7, 2014
SoCal OC
youtube.com
I ride a
You can yes but not eliminate, based on how many hours we do on the road the likelihood is you're going to have an off.

Just because one dude hasn't crashed and doesn't like what I said doesn't make it not true.

What I said was based on my experiences, hearing the experiences of others and talking to loads of other riders and the majority have had an off, most aren't even hoons as I've never hung around with that type of crowd.

The people I know who've crashed did so in one of the following ways.

-Wasn't paying attention and panic-braked into a lowside.
-Was riding on bald over-cooked tires on a twisty road and ate shit hard.
-Had a chain fail because they installed the link incorrectly.
-Got t-boned by a vehicle at an intersection.
-Hit a deer, turkey, armadillo...

Of those four, the only one that wasn't avoidable was the t-bone. There were plenty of other single vehicle crashes I've heard about, but all of them were avoidable. If you look up the statistics, you'll see the vast majority of motorcycle 'accidents' are single vehicle and the most common is a person going wide in a corner and off the road.

If you've got a level head, keep your bike maintained properly, and ride near the speed limit it's pretty easy to stay crash-free. I think it's fair to say, "You might crash, but don't let fear paralyze you."

RicViper

RicViperMoto
Jul 18, 2015
Jacksonville FL
I ride a
2015 bmw s1000r
"You are invisible on a road full of retards."
Best piece of advice I could give to any beginning rider.
What is the best advice you would give to a new rider?
Always assume NO ONE ever sees you
Always accept the possibility of coming off and where you plan to ditch
Attempt to get eye contact from cars attempting to pull out
Piggy Back Vehicles thru intersections if possible instead of a loan wolf

ride512

Wannabie Member
Aug 7, 2015
I ride a
Vespa GTS 300 Super
+1 for Ride Your Own Ride

I've been riding for 2 months and Ride Your Own Ride has been my mantra. I push my comfort zone, but if I find that I've pushed myself too far I slow down or find another way to where I'm going. I'd rather slow up traffic than wreck.

Reactions: kuhlka

Highballer

VanCity Highballer
Nov 7, 2015
Vancouver
I ride a
2014 Victory Highball
my advice for new riders: Treat everyone in a car like they are drunk and stupid and part blind.

Grimfaith

Wannabie Member
Oct 25, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha FZ-07
Wear proper gear, being 100% safe doesn't mean 100% unlikely.

Foreigner

Wannabie Member
Nov 11, 2015
Bury St Edmunds
I ride a
zx6r G2
I only been riding for few months now and had my first accident. This should suit the THEME just perfect.
I`v been queing up to get into Lloyds car park (bury st edmunds, risby gate street) when old boy in his astra decidet to start rolling back. Mind you there was cars behind me aswell. Me and everyone else in car park started beeping horn , but no it was no help. He rolled in to me and if that was not enough he stuck his reverse in and pushed me even more.

When he finally stoped and got out of his car he said that he could not see me , even that i was behind him for last 2 minutes waiting in the queue...

Lucky I did not drop my bike , but it scared the sh** out of me. Still done some demage to fairing and front wheel.

He Finally admited his fault :)

Bikes being checked by insurance.... god i missed her...

biker1968

Mistar Biker
Oct 2, 2014
Kent, United Kingdom
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSX 1250 FA 2014 plate
Wanna know how little the car drivers see of you....drive a car... it really helps you appreciate just that. I ride a couple of hours every day, the few times I am in my car I always get a sober reminder of this....

Foreigner

Wannabie Member
Nov 11, 2015
Bury St Edmunds
I ride a
zx6r G2
I drive my car every day, more than my bike and i have to admit, until iv started to ride bike i never payed to much attention to motorcyclists. But boy it has changed now.. :D

CBRHoonigan

#1 Hoonigan
Apr 20, 2014
West yorkshire uk
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Anything with 2 wheels, ride it like you stole it.
Ride like everyone cant drive, have fun and know your limit and expect coming off at some point, 2 types of riders those who have crashed and those who are going to crash.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts