Wonder how to get invited to a bike press launch - YOU CAN'T!

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
One thing that I noticed for year is that most big channels have a so-so motorcycle reviews. They really do not seem to tick off the fanboys.

Why is that?

How does one get an invite to a press launch?

Well, I found this neat article that explains some of the inside tricks of the trade. Not surprisingly, honesty is not really wanted.

https://www.webbikeworld.com/top-things-motorcycle-reviewers-need-to-get-over/

In the UK, the manufacturers are gradually getting onboard with the YouTubers and Instagrammers, so there is a chance to get invited to launches etc... but those that do get invited are often those that will tow the company line and marketing spiel, and / or look prettier than I do in leathers. I'm not sure if I'd want to be a serious motorcycle reviewer, I like taking a new bike for a spin and making a video about it, but I don't have time or inclination to learn all the things the manufacturer marketing team would want me to say in a video should I be invited to a launch.... Would still love to be invited to one maybe, even if it was to just see how they actually go! :)

In the UK, the manufacturers are gradually getting onboard with the YouTubers and Instagrammers, so there is a chance to get invited to launches etc... but those that do get invited are often those ... look prettier than I do in leathers.
Remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that is why the camera has a swivel to it :P

Seriously though. I think the article had a point that unless the reviewers invited are more diverse then the manufacturer is missing key market demographics.

You and I would fill the sexy middle ageish white male gap.

I may be the demographic of a lot of bikes... but most of the people in that demographic, I think would rather watch a lass in tight trousers, than me in a t-shirt too tight for my belly! :-D
Well put on your tight trousers too pal and shake datass!

Back in college one my Psych professors pointed out that car commercials and ads that did not show the driver tested better because the audience could picture themself driving or in the vehicle. I am tempted to apply that to some videos next year to see what happens. In fact I got one review video where I am not really in the shot (thank you GoPro for listening to the wrong person giving a command).

Will hiding us make the companies want to invite us - I doubt it because they want someone that folks might recognize meaning already famous.

But how do you get famous without getting big manufacturers to notice?

It is a freaking M.C. Escher sketch sort of thing.

The article did good pointing out a few of the problems with launch events.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts

Back