Why is it becoming so hard to build a channel?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Regarding tags, I don't know if it works, but it is what I do: When I am adding a video, I copy the video title into the youtube search and then copy the title of each of the best performing videos into the tag list on my video.

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
I struggle with TAGS and how to research them. That is my weak link I think at the moment and I'm going to have to find time to really get in to that side of it.

Have you installed the free version of Tubebuddy? It really is a great tool for not only researching tags but helping you make sure everything is set up properly. It installs right on your browser and works in youtube seamlessly. They also have an app that can be used on the smartphone and links to your browser plugin so any research you do is saved across both platforms.

If you like it and feel you want to get a paid version the bottom tier can be had for less than $4 a month if you have less than 1k subs and pay yearly. cost me like $43 I think it was. They also have an affiliate program that if you get enough people to follow your link and install you can get a free year or even lifetime free top level access. If anyone signs up you also get 30% of the monthly fee, every month. I have been putting my link into all of my vids as of late.

just google Tubebuddy and install, it is free.

themagpie

As the Magpie Flies
Jun 18, 2019
Portland, OR & Corvallis, MT
www.asthemagpieflies.com
I ride a
2016 Honda CB500x, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800xc, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 1980 Suzuki GS850gl, Batavus Moped, 1972 Honda CB175
I struggle with TAGS and how to research them. That is my weak link I think at the moment and I'm going to have to find time to really get in to that side of it. I'm gonna be naturally persistent with the channel as I actually enjoy the process of creating the content and will do it regardless of whether I'm getting views or subscriptions. I'm thinking though I need to remove my SUB count from view, as I'm finding it isn't necessary for me. I think the type of content I create should get views from TAG searches (if I get them right!) ........ I might hide my sub count today, it's rumoured YouTube are gonna do it anyway eventually I think I saw somewhere. As for using other platforms - yeh even someone with relatively low traffic I find that if I don't tweet a link, or post an Instagram or Facebook mention I see a dip in my performance. I have spikes of hits if I advise people on Reddit if they ask for tips but I find Reddit very frustrating as it's just a bucket of trolls sometimes and I can't stop myself from snapping at their heels :D - I'm tending to keep off Reddit now. There was a guy who allegedly owned a Panigale and he couldn't start it and was asking how to start it on Reddit!!! Beggers belief, all that money for a bike and he asks Redditers as opposed to ringing a Ducati dealer. It attracts some oddballs .......

On a side note ..... I find because I'm safety advice based as my core content, it keeps me at legal speeds too LOL, so I'm less at risk of picking up fines hahaha - so I'm saving money! :)

Try a Browser extension like VidIQ, it allows you to see other people's tags without having to dig through the "source html" I believe Tube Buddy is also supposed to do this? But I haven't used it. Both have a paid version but I've found the free version of VidIQ is quite adequate it just requires a little more 'long hand' research.

MotoGinji

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R Special Edition
I don't know how it was before on youtube, but i see a slow climb on my channel (213 subs atm) I do know that on instagram the algorithm changes so much since i began i keep getting the same amount of likes as I did when I started, I feel like everytime I hit a milestone on Instagram the algorithm changes and i need to restart from scratch again...

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
Try a Browser extension like VidIQ, it allows you to see other people's tags without having to dig through the "source html" I believe Tube Buddy is also supposed to do this? But I haven't used it. Both have a paid version but I've found the free version of VidIQ is quite adequate it just requires a little more 'long hand' research.
Yes Tubebuddy does this as well, It also will show you how others tag their videos. I have learned a lot from this extension. It is free to use as many tag searches as you would like, "paid only gives you weighted results comparing your channel to the rest." In your hands @themagpie tubebuddy would be a great asset. I am not sure if you could get the affiliate link with the free version. If you can it is possible to upgrade for free with enough viewer support.

Reactions: HippoDrone

bphoenix38

Wannabie Member
Apr 12, 2019
Southern Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2013 Can Am Spyder RS
I followed the big guys until they got big. They all worked together and cross promoted each others channels. Walterific, chaseontwowheels, doitwithdan are always doing stuff together. It always helps. I'm starting to cross promote and do some dual vlogs with some local guys in my area.

Also, I have business cards that I hand out to people in person. I've got a few people that way. I also leave them on bikes or cars that I see.

MotoGinji

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
www.instagram.com
I ride a
I followed the big guys until they got big. They all worked together and cross promoted each others channels. Walterific, chaseontwowheels, doitwithdan are always doing stuff together. It always helps. I'm starting to cross promote and do some dual vlogs with some local guys in my area.

Also, I have business cards that I hand out to people in person. I've got a few people that way. I also leave them on bikes or cars that I see.
I have this same idea, but i want to do it internationally, i have a couple of good ideas

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS

Speaking of local guys Riding Country is getting a bunch of vloggers and subs together Aug24th for a ride. Weather permitting I will meet him there and go for the ride. It is his thing so I will only film and post if he is ok with it. I will of course hand out spam cards and stickers to any that ask.

Reactions: Riderguide

L. Bilious

Huge member
Aug 2, 2019
North Cheshire/South Manchester
I ride a
CBR1100, GSXR750, XR250
This tagging thing is something I need to get on! Can you add tags to vlogs after they are on YouTube? Any keywords I should know of?
I've never really thought about how to promote my vlogs, any other tips that people can give would be helpful.

Reactions: RideOnTwo

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Yup you can edit the tags anytime, and I recommend you do. I tend to update the tags on my most popular videos when I see a new video has come out that relates from a large channel. YouTube likes you to do it too. As for key tags, make sure they are relevant and maybe try the method I mentioned at the top of page 2 of this thread! :)

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
It is surprising to me how many channels have no tags or only a few tags on every video the put out.

True mate, what is interesting is though they still get views!!! Go figure!? I’m making a few adjustments on mine and changing a few things. Might have come up with a cool format for what I do too so hoping it’ll create a bit more interest.

Reactions: RideOnTwo

WEB

L Plate Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
Triumph Thruxton + Harley Lowrider
I wonder what the ratio of creators vs. viewers is. Making videos is getting easier and easier... and if you're making videos you have less time to watch videos!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I imagine with motovlogs it is getting quite high relatively now if you include those that just upload raw too.

WEB

L Plate Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
Triumph Thruxton + Harley Lowrider
Does anyone just watch raw video though? Seems laborious. Might as well just jump on your own bike for the same experience but in real terms

MotoGinji

Wannabie Member
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
www.instagram.com
I ride a
Does anyone just watch raw video though? Seems laborious. Might as well just jump on your own bike for the same experience but in real terms
No i dont watch people that upload raw. There is nothing to watch there UNLESS its like a raw footage of someone cruisin trough the alps or something where it is all about the environment, view and the vista's then i don't mind looking at raw footage!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts