Where Can You Find Royalty Free Music

mloe365

MLOE 365 Motovlog
May 17, 2013
Calgary
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2014 Kawasaki ZX6R
Hey guys. Where are some of your favorite places to go for royalty free music? I want to monetize my videos but I only have a select few songs that I have rights to.
Suggestions?

Reactions: elmSTnasty

thunderous71

Daddy
Aug 4, 2011
Surrey
www.thunderous71.com
I ride a
Mt-09
Hey guys. Where are some of your favorite places to go for royalty free music? I want to monetize my videos but I only have a select few songs that I have rights to.
Suggestions?

Kevin MacLeod
http://incompetech.com/

Free Music Archive
http://freemusicarchive.org/

Two I use, remember to read the terms and conditions. Not all are free on the second link. AND if monetizing that is commercial use ;)

Reactions: mloe365

Haydn

Wannabie Member
Feb 12, 2015
North Dorset
I ride a
SYM Mio 50cc
I use audiomicro but that's because I'm partnered with Maker Studios or whatever they are called, as posted above incomptech is a great place and so is typing on Youtube for royalty free music.

Reactions: mloe365

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
There have been a few recent-ish threads on music, if anyone fancies collating the links and putting them in one thread that we can keep "clean" of comments by means of re-editing the first post, we could look at sticky-ing it.

Reactions: mloe365 and RoninK6

renegadebiker24

This is my Brand New 2014 Honda CTX 1300
Jul 21, 2013
Springdale, Arkansas
I ride a
2014 Honda CTX 1300
I have tried the royalty free music, but I am not going to use it on any more of my videos, because of the fact, that the last time I did it, Youtube lawyers flagged my video, even though I gave credit in my videos, so until I get past the stupid youtube lawyers, I am not going to post any videos with "royalty free" music in it, unless I provide a link to the original artists in the description box. I tried to do that with a video that I put up recently that had me playing Pandora on my bike's speakers and I was only testing out the speakers to see if the go pro camera would pick it up, and then post it to youtube, but thanks to the lawyers because of a Digital Millenium Copyright Act, I can not post any videos it seems like, without posting some link to the artist in the description box, even though it comes from my own smartphone that I make payments to every month. Here is something about that Digital Millenium Copyright Act at:

This is also why I refuse to monetize my videos as well.

Reactions: kuhlka and mloe365

Haydn

Wannabie Member
Feb 12, 2015
North Dorset
I ride a
SYM Mio 50cc
I have tried the royalty free music, but I am not going to use it on any more of my videos, because of the fact, that the last time I did it, Youtube lawyers flagged my video, even though I gave credit in my videos, so until I get past the stupid youtube lawyers, I am not going to post any videos with "royalty free" music in it, unless I provide a link to the original artists in the description box. I tried to do that with a video that I put up recently that had me playing Pandora on my bike's speakers and I was only testing out the speakers to see if the go pro camera would pick it up, and then post it to youtube, but thanks to the lawyers because of a Digital Millenium Copyright Act, I can not post any videos it seems like, without posting some link to the artist in the description box, even though it comes from my own smartphone that I make payments to every month. Here is something about that Digital Millenium Copyright Act at:

This is also why I refuse to monetize my videos as well.
I've had a few issues like that with some other videos of mine (non- motorcycle related), I just fight it and tell them that I have the rights to use the music and they leave me alone. It doesn't even happen that often. I don't even credit in my description.

Then again I'm not in the US so maybe that's why you have the problem with the Digital Millenium Copyright stuff

renegadebiker24

Jul 21, 2013
Springdale, Arkansas
I ride a
2014 Honda CTX 1300
I've had a few issues like that with some other videos of mine (non- motorcycle related), I just fight it and tell them that I have the rights to use the music and they leave me alone. It doesn't even happen that often. I don't even credit in my description.

Then again I'm not in the US so maybe that's why you have the problem with the Digital Millenium Copyright stuff
Haydn, that is true, since you are in the U.K. it might be different, however, here in the USA, thanks to Lars Ulrich and the band Metallica, they were instrumental in getting this stupid act passed before congress due to them consitently complaining about it. There are some videos that mock them when they were against napster, and the whole music sharing thing. Some of them are as follows at:
and this at:
and this at:
LOL

TriumfAnt

It was good while it lasted
Jan 20, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800XC
Even though you pay for Pandora, you're not allowed to re-broadcast the music. I've had the same issue while filming from my car with the radio on.
There are companies out there who's sole purpose is to flag music on YouTube. Generally music they do not own. From the date it's flagged to the date the flag is removed, they earn any money from that video. YouTube has no incentive to expedite the process because they make money either way, probably more if these companies actively promote your video. So if your music is copyright free, follow the instructions to remove the flag. It's really easy. I used some iMovie music which is free to use. I got a copyright claim. I showed YouTube the information proving I can use it and the claim was removed.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
It's frustrating how users get 3 strikes, be a copyright troll and you get free reign.

mloe365

MLOE 365 Motovlog
May 17, 2013
Calgary
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2014 Kawasaki ZX6R
For me I've been using some music that I actually bought license for and it was somewhat cheap but I mean you don't get a lot of selection :(

renegadebiker24

Jul 21, 2013
Springdale, Arkansas
I ride a
2014 Honda CTX 1300
It's frustrating how users get 3 strikes, be a copyright troll and you get free reign.
Yes it is frustrating, how do I become a copyright troll? I see a lot of videos on youtube that are not "sanctioned" or probably "approved" on videos like this at:
and this at:
, and yet I get flagged for playing Pandora on my bike?

renegadebiker24

Jul 21, 2013
Springdale, Arkansas
I ride a
2014 Honda CTX 1300
Even though you pay for Pandora, you're not allowed to re-broadcast the music. I've had the same issue while filming from my car with the radio on.
There are companies out there who's sole purpose is to flag music on YouTube. Generally music they do not own. From the date it's flagged to the date the flag is removed, they earn any money from that video. YouTube has no incentive to expedite the process because they make money either way, probably more if these companies actively promote your video. So if your music is copyright free, follow the instructions to remove the flag. It's really easy. I used some iMovie music which is free to use. I got a copyright claim. I showed YouTube the information proving I can use it and the claim was removed.

That seems like a double standard from those companies. The idiot company that flagged my video was SME or Sony Music Entertainment when the song by Journey "Separate Ways" came on over Pandora. Why don't they go after Pandora? So, basically the only person that they are profiting off of is me? To threaten me with a copyright claim, and then profit off my video, then I face a possibility of a lawsuit because the artist is saying that I am profiting off of it, when I do not even monetize my videos at all??? How fair is that??? I would have to make a link to the artist that made the song, but then, what is the original artist hoping to gain from this? I would have to link the original music video in the video to get the copyright claim off my video, or that youtube threatens to cancel my account?

CaptainCranky

Misunderstood genius
Nov 14, 2013
Lismore, NSW, Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2013 Honda CB500XA
I would strongly suggest creating your own stuff in Garage Band or similar. String a few loops together and overlay some other sounds. If you can navigate video editing software (which you all surely can?), have musical taste and a sense of timing, you can create your own cool music to put to your footage.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts