Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh1ftyClutch

Wannabie Member
Jul 27, 2012
Connecticut - new england
I ride a
2005 Kawasaki Ninja EX250-F
As a fairly new vlogger I'm curious to others opinions,.what makes a good vlog or vlogger in general?

Couple of questions come to my mind...

Please comment below or make a video response I would love to hear your opinions!

What do you look for in a vlog/vlogger?

Do you look for.adventure touring?

Funny people?

Style?

Quality or quanity?

type of bike or person?

Content? If so examples please?

Off-road or street?

Location/area?

What type of personality?

Quality or quanity?

extreme601

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
2011 Tiger 800
The vlogs I enjoy watching most have any or all of the following:

Good accent (seriously)
Humour
City Riding
High video quality
High audio quality

Don't even need a topic if you've got those :p

Spacep0d

Wannabie Member
Sep 7, 2012
SoCal
www.YouTube.com
I ride a
Nicely-modified 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 which I've dubbed a ZX-3R.
Hi all!

It's my very first post on this site and I am a brand new Motovlogger, but I've been riding for years (even a few times out of America).

Let's see, what do I look for in a vlogger? Same as most I suppose. I like a nice voice, funny, interesting scenery, good audio, 720p or higher video quality, decent editing with some effort put into videos.

I've got a whole 32 subs, so if anyone wants to check out my vlog and give me some feedback, pointers or enjoy and sub, you're welcome to give me some feedback. I've tested a bunch of audio solutions and am still working on it, but I've gotten to a decent point. I still want to deaden the sound of my engine a bit, but it's pretty good now. I also have some interesting camera/mic setups to share some of my solutions with other vloggers.

Looks like a great site here!

Spacep0d

CLARKY

Wannabie Member
Feb 7, 2012
Canvey Island
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Fj1200
High Quality video / Audio

If they are ranting about something I would like them to be well researched on the subject... I tend to shy away from this kinda thing as I don't have time to read into it lol

Humour

Riding skills (Not riding like a complete idiot)

And also not purposely doing stuff just trying to look cool... Im not a fan of dirt bikers just riding up on the pavement when there is a road next to them... quite clearly its not off road/challenging and you're just trying to be different. I can ride on a path or next to the road on my sports bike with ease aswell... GARRRR

PS... if anyone wants to give me any feedback re my channel then I welcome it. PS you don't have to subscribe. Just want feedback :)

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Currently: 2004 CB 919 - Previous rides - Honda Hornet 600 aka CB599 - Previous: 1999 Honda VTR 250: Previous Honda f4i - Previous: CBR 929 Previous: DRZ400sm: Previous 2006 gsxr 600: Previous 1989 Honda Spada VT250
Sh1ftyClutch said:
As a fairly new vlogger I'm curious to others opinions,.what makes a good vlog or vlogger in general?

Couple of questions come to my mind...

Please comment below or make a video response I would love to hear your opinions!

What do you look for in a vlog/vlogger?

Do you look for.adventure touring?

Funny people?

Style?

Quality or quanity?

type of bike or person?

Content? If so examples please?

Off-road or street?

Location/area?

What type of personality?

Quality or quanity?

Quality Video thats unique - not 5 mins or boring, um and arrr etc

Crackn81

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Melbourne, Vic
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2003 HONDA CBR600RR
I have to say Quality over Quantity

Good clear audio and vid make a HUGE difference & lastly keep them pretty short, personally 5-6 minutes tops...

Unless of course ya ++AB then make the vids as long as ya like...he is a one of a kind & should clearly have 5x as many subs :D

If it's subs you want then just upload "close call" crap lol :p

ride safe
C81

Chanelinked

Wannabie Member
Oct 2, 2012
Hayward, CA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2006 Yamaha R1
My .02 on the subject of what makes a good motovlogger.
Note, these are not all related, but individually they all help in my opinion.

1- Experience: Lot's of your subscribers will be beginners interested in bikes. They will thrive off of tips and knowledge that you can offer about the two wheel life.
2- Inexperience: Watching someone learn about riding is fun too. I've watched many beginning bikers ride and share their experiences being new to riding. These riders are very helpful for other soon to be or new riders.
3- Public speaking ability: Can you say 3 full sentences without saying "Ummm" or "Uhhhh"? If so, you'll get a sub from me.
4- Charisma or Style: Don't just speak about bikes, or literally describe what is happening. Enhance what is happening with your dialog. We can clearly see something happening, use your words to enhance the experience for us. Tell us funny stories, jokes, be REASONABLY silly. Have some charm, some wit, and humor. Act like riding bikes is thrilling, and exhilarating. When you experience frustrations, you still need to keep the audience entertained. A well timed swear or angry pantomime works every time. Overall, you have to be yourself in a way that makes you stand out. Find something that works for you, that makes your inner you stand out from the 99 other motovloggers that uploaded today.
5- Farm your community: Treat your subscribers like a garden. You have to interact with your audience outside of the video in the comments and on their pages. Your subscribers want to know you and feel like they're your friend (somewhat). Tend and water your garden, and your garden will grow : )
6- Embarrass yourself freely: Don't be too cool to show when you mess up. Prove you are human, that you make mistakes. Mistakes might help others learn, or connect with you if they've made the same mistake themselves. This is youtube, you can't be afraid of what people will say about your failures. Fail is one of the most popular search terms on youtube on a daily basis anyway ; )
7- Give Back: One of my favorite things to see from other motovloggers is when they do thank you videos or subscriber milestone videos and in them they recap some of the moments between video 1 and that point in their blogging career. If people have been following you for a while, your milestone video will be a golden video full of nostalgia. It will recap all those times they sat at home watching your life feeling a part of it. Thank those that supported you with a special video from time to time.
8- Always have fun: Motovlog audiences want to see people having fun, so have fun. Who wants to be exited about bikes then go see someone complain about bikes for 4 minutes straight. Motovlogging is a community adventure so take your audience on one, and they will keep coming back.

I think that's about it. Those are some of the things I believe make great motovloggers. I'm new to vlogging but I have seen I'd say over 400 different motovlog videos between all of my youtube accounts.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
Chanelinked said:
3- Public speaking ability: Can you say 3 full sentences without saying "Ummm" or "Uhhhh"? If so, you'll get a sub from me.

I've never been able to manage this :roll:

Chanelinked said:
7- Give Back: One of my favorite things to see from other motovloggers is when they do thank you videos or subscriber milestone videos and in them they recap some of the moments between video 1 and that point in their blogging career. If people have been following you for a while, your milestone video will be a golden video full of nostalgia. It will recap all those times they sat at home watching your life feeling a part of it. Thank those that supported you with a special video from time to time.

Never thought of this before. Interesting...

Oh, and I LOVE YOUR ORANGE.

pizzaonaninja

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Behind you
I ride a
Trek 8500
extreme601 said:
OoxTruExoO said:
Full frontal nudity... but not if they're male, so quit sending me pictures, extreme :)
My bad.

LOL! I was in class, and almost laughed really hard.

On topic? be clear, be concise. Personally I like Billma and AB a lot, they have awesome sound quality, awesome video quality, simple editing, music is not intrusive, and wide randonmness.

I like randomness, and Orange.... But also pinkie pie, that's weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts