What is your next channel goal?

Tomr2992

Relaunched the Channel -JustTomTorque
Jun 1, 2019
Derby
I ride a
BMW S1000R
I subbed, but can't give you any direction (blind leading the blind and all that).

Hopefully with 4x the subs, YOU can give ME tips :D
-John
You now have another follower! We are getting there! lol

Reactions: HRMV

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I just don't understand enough to be able to drive more traffic to my channel - my sub count is holding steady for the last week or so.
-John
Hey John, there are lots of threads with tips on this within the forum, def worth having a search through them! :)

Reactions: HRMV and Drakhen99

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Jealous of you guys with near or over 500 subs.

I'm finding an increase in subs and views having become more regular with uploads and varying content but staying true to the channel.

Good luck to those who have set targets for years end.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
My channel has now rolled over the 1 million views, and recently 4k subs. I think it will be quite a while before I need to worry about hitting 2 million views as a channel goal, but 5k subs is more realistic. Not doable for me by the end of the year though I don't think, so not gonna set a deadline to get there. I def noticed a pickup in subscribers by going to 2 videos a week from just 1, but that is possibly more to do with the new bike.

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Congrats! I still haven't figured out the release schedules and what works best, but I do 2-3 vids per week, and the same 35 people or so keep watching, so I guess I'm not flubbing it too bad! That's to say, I can't advise you LOL.

-John

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I went with when gets me the most views and found a Thursday was best for my content on a single video a week schedule, and Sunday morning as well if uploading 2 videos. I try and have them go up early in the day to catch people at breakfast time, but sometimes that is hard due to work.
Weirdly, some videos do nothing for a couple of days and then go mad on views like my most recent video... it was sitting at #10 on my analytics for Thursday and Friday, then Saturday morning it took off and is now #1 which is kinda cool.... no idea why the views went mental on it... but similar happened with a Moto Guzzi video I posted too recently.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I went with when gets me the most views and found a Thursday was best for my content on a single video a week schedule, and Sunday morning as well if uploading 2 videos. I try and have them go up early in the day to catch people at breakfast time, but sometimes that is hard due to work.
Weirdly, some videos do nothing for a couple of days and then go mad on views like my most recent video... it was sitting at #10 on my analytics for Thursday and Friday, then Saturday morning it took off and is now #1 which is kinda cool.... no idea why the views went mental on it... but similar happened with a Moto Guzzi video I posted too recently.
I have found that my vids will do OK during the week, but views pick up dramatically over the weekend. Maybe a bunch of people were searching for your recent vids on the weekend?

I should change up my release schedule... views are great for my subs for about 12 hours, and then bupkis after that. It's like YT isn't even trying to find new people who might like my vids.

-John

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
maybe work on your tags and descriptions and titles to get them more search friendly?

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
maybe work on your tags and descriptions and titles to get them more search friendly?
Absolutely - That's a must! That, and well, talking about stuff that's searchable in a vlog LOL.

-John

• Haha

MotoWolfUK

L Plate Member
Mar 4, 2023
Hampshire, UK
linktr.ee
I ride a
Wife
My goal is to trying an be consistent and make sure to keep killing my ego(if you know what I mean) and hopefully when my channel launches around next Month, I’d be happy with even 50 subs for the first few months tbh. I’d rather have few, but talkative/proper fans than hundreds who just skip over things/don’t care so much if that makes sense

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
My very short term analytic goal is to get back to 1000 views per 48 hours. I had several strong vids that just died, I think I killed them when I edited the thumbnail and description, lost all traction.

It’s still snowing here, but my goal this year is to make more 2 wheel content and hit 2000 subs.

I made a sena FB page a few years ago that’s growing steadily. I’ll start posting more YT vids there once it hits 2000 followers.

To support my YT channel I need to grow my new Instagram page. My original IG page was up to 2000 then it got hacked, very slow growing this new one. Not feeling too motivated with this.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I'm currently at 491 subs so I should hit 500 by Christmas too!

My goal for the next few months is simply to get through winter while still uploading one new video every week. I have a large backlog of motovlogs filmed already and I have a spreadsheet with their release dates all planned out, so theoretically I should be able to go until next April without filming any new motovlogs at all!

Sometimes when I go to edit a motovlog together I'm not happy with the footage I have or how it pans out and I end up scrapping it altogether. If that happens too many times this winter I might need to film some cold weather motovlogs to fill in the gaps.

It will be interesting to see how my first winter with a motovlog channel goes!
Man, I haven't posted any goals in this thread for three years, not since back during my first year of motovlogging!

My current channel goal is to get out and film more Road Spotlights. I have a long list of roads I want to ride and film but I only have one filmed and ready to edit right now, my footage backlog is running out and I need to go on a filming spree soon!

I also want to freshen up my spreadsheet where I plan everything for Moto Mengy. I've got several ideas to improve the layout and make it easier to use & read.

MotoWolfUK

L Plate Member
Mar 4, 2023
Hampshire, UK
linktr.ee
I ride a
Wife
So I’m 10 days in and have 17 subscribers.
I don’t know if that’s good or bad, but it’s going up so I’d like to think that’s positive and a sign perhaps I can get to 50 subscribers in a reasonable time?

But I’m here to say about a different goal that happened - I just had one of my favourite YouTubers add me on Twitter(won’t say who) and that made me so happy!

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Congrats! That seems like pretty good growth to me.

I haven't updated my goals in a year, so ... my goal is to catch up and have no footage to edit. Currently sitting at 16 videos to edit, 14 uploaded and ready to publish.

It's been a busy time of recording in the last year.

-John

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
My channel has been flirting with 1500 subs for a while. Once it breaks that score, I plan on promoting three $50 USD gift cards as a give away.

Rules will be announced once that threshold is passed.

Other than that, I got a ride to Laconia planned with @LoneWolfer and @scooterwuf with me meeting and greeting @Drakhen99 either on the easy there or back.

Before that, my ride needs new tires and a third party check to be sure it is good to go.

ShadowRide

Wannabie Member
Aug 22, 2022
Central Ohio
I ride a
Honda Goldwing
I'm going to continue to ignore every Youtube "how to" suggestion and just get down to making videos I like. If it makes sense to me, I'm doing that. My end goal is a slow increase of subscribers who really enjoy what I'm doing and want interaction.

I see this drive towards high sub number. In videos people waste time telling them to like and subscribe. If you have to tell them to do that, your channel may not be for them? I've unsubscribed from many channels due to so much needy begging in the video. I want mine to stand up on it's own merit.

Of course to reach my goal, I need to improve my content and make it worthy of interaction. If I can't have fun with that process, I'll find something else to do or put the channel into a different angle of attack.

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
I'm going to continue to ignore every Youtube "how to" suggestion and just get down to making videos I like. If it makes sense to me, I'm doing that. My end goal is a slow increase of subscribers who really enjoy what I'm doing and want interaction.

I see this drive towards high sub number. In videos people waste time telling them to like and subscribe. If you have to tell them to do that, your channel may not be for them? I've unsubscribed from many channels due to so much needy begging in the video. I want mine to stand up on it's own merit.

Of course to reach my goal, I need to improve my content and make it worthy of interaction. If I can't have fun with that process, I'll find something else to do or put the channel into a different angle of attack.
Those are all good things to strive for. I agree about the begging, especially at the beginning of the video. I usually mention hitting the Like button somewhere in the video, generally after I've said or done something funny or given some value to the viewer... and that's about it. If I mention subscribing, it's usually to tick off a friend of mine who is a motovlogger and likes to make fun of people who do that whole like/comment/share/subscribe thing. It brings me a laugh to "have a beef" with him... especially 'cause we're friends.

I'd rather just talk about whatever it was I wanted to talk about, and let that be it.

-John

MotoWolfUK

L Plate Member
Mar 4, 2023
Hampshire, UK
linktr.ee
I ride a
Wife

Yeah I hate the whole sub, like, comment thing too. I did it in one of my videos, but watching it back I cringed and won’t be doing it again if it can be helped.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO