What Helmet Bluetooth Intercom To Buy ?

Dan 53na

Wannabie Member
Apr 29, 2016
I ride a
Black Hornet
Guys I need some advice on what helmet com to buy. I need it mostly for driver to passenger communication.
So far I haven't met any other motovloger in my area so i don't think I'll be doing dual vlogs any time soon.
I have been looking some of the cheap ones on e-bay and if I would go with a brand name i could order
a pair of Interphone F5MC. Though it is not a cheap unit I kinda like the looks of it and all the features it has. What do you guys think? Is it worth investing over 250€ for listening to music, driver/passenger talks and maybe (but the chances are slim) doing dual vlogs in the future? Or should I go with the china stuff from e-bay?

Dan 53na

Wannabie Member
Apr 29, 2016
I ride a
Black Hornet
Got this and love it but I did have the sena sm5 and don't see any major difference between them both

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/191780333359
Sena 20S seams like an awesome device but a bit expensive. Dual pack with F5MC/FBeat is 235 euro. I could use the f5mc and install the FBeat in
my girlfriends helmet. But the question is do I even need that? Or would a cheap com system suffice?

SalvageSV

Hopes he doesn't crash this month
Feb 18, 2016
Birmingham, AL
I ride a
Salvaged SV1000S
I went with the Sena because pretty much every review puts them at the top in about every category. I got the 20S, but the 10S or even the SMH5R would be fine for your use. But I get the cost concern when purchasing multiple units.

Dan 53na

Wannabie Member
Apr 29, 2016
I ride a
Black Hornet
I went with the Sena because pretty much every review puts them at the top in about every category. I got the 20S, but the 10S or even the SMH5R would be fine for your use. But I get the cost concern when purchasing multiple units.
Sena is probably the best product but a bit to costly for me here so i am still looking for a less expensive solution.

SevenCube

KTM RC390 + ATGATT
Dec 28, 2015
I ride a
2015 KTM RC 390, 2011 Yamaha FZ-S
I'm biased towards Sena too. I use the 20S and I'm quite happy with it. What about checking for secondhand Senas? Maybe someone's giving it away.

Dan 53na

Wannabie Member
Apr 29, 2016
I ride a
Black Hornet
I heard the Rolan's are pretty reliable and does what the tin says
I'll check for those as well. Thanks!

I'm biased towards Sena too. I use the 20S and I'm quite happy with it. What about checking for secondhand Senas? Maybe someone's giving it away.
The 20S Has two thins that concern me. First it is expensive and second it is not waterproof.
I do like the 10R though. Nice slim unit, removable battery so you can replace it if needed. I know it is not in the same class but it supports anycom
and it is more affordable to me.

So far these are some of the options
-Sena 10R single 205 $
-Intrphone duble pack with F5MC and FBeat for 254 $
- Sena 20S single 292$ ( not waterproof )

Mr AusAdventure

Adventure is as Adventure does
Sep 16, 2012
Gold Coast, Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki V-Strom DL650 + A MTB!
I highly recommend the Sena SMH10. It is an old model and bulky compared to the newer ones, but man they are reliable.

I've had mine since December 2011 and it has been in all sorts of weather but continues to work well. It looks its age, but is awesome! I use it every time that I hop on the bike.

Superballs

Superballs' Supervids
Jul 16, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
1999 VFR800Fi
I've got a set of cheap T-COM rebrands (Buyee)

They work, they connect my wife and I though we've only tried with her as a pillion, not a distance away.

Connects to my phone and plays music takes phone calls.

I'd love to compare them directly to a set of Sena's particularly in regards to volume/sound quality but I dont' have any basis for comparison. They do work though.

RoadSprock

Original Vlogs
Mar 7, 2016
United Kingdom
I ride a
KTM 690 Supermoto/ Triumph Speed Triple 1050
I've got a set of cheap T-COM rebrands (Buyee)

They work, they connect my wife and I though we've only tried with her as a pillion, not a distance away.

Connects to my phone and plays music takes phone calls.

I'd love to compare them directly to a set of Sena's particularly in regards to volume/sound quality but I dont' have any basis for comparison. They do work though.

A year & 2 months late

TWWaffle

Waffles
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
m.youtube.com
I ride a
2011 Zx6r/2008 Sportster 1200
Following. I've seen some reviews of some other brands of Bluetooth headsets, but Sena is the top dog. I don't know if I want to take a chance on a cheaper one (I can get a pair for 115) or fork out the money for some HQ Senas.

BatMoto

Wannabie Member
Dec 31, 2018
Southeast Kansas
I ride a
2004 KTM 625 SMC with dirt wheels and a 2013 KTM 250 XC with a lot of mods, yes both are street legal.
I have been running a Sena 20s for a couple years now and I love it, paired with the Sena Prism (not the Prism Tube) you get nice clear audio, loud speakers, several mic options, the battery last a really long time, and so far I am still using the same unit I have had since I went to Sena. I have been caught in heavy rain, been in mud, been in dirt, been in a wreck and it still works great.

Reactions: HippoDrone

808MLS

@808MotoLifeStylez
Apr 15, 2019
Hawaii
808motolifestylez.com
I ride a
2018 BMW S1KRR
2015 Harley Davidson FLHXS
I have the Cardo PackTalk Bold JBL system and it hands down is the best on the market! I've recently converted a few Sena loyalist and at the end of the day if nothing else aside from the features does it for you... it's waterproof!!!

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I have the Cardo PackTalk Bold JBL system and it hands down is the best on the market! I've recently converted a few Sena loyalist and at the end of the day if nothing else aside from the features does it for you... it's waterproof!!!

I've been on the other end of one while rider was doing 140+, I could hear absolutely no wind noise. There is also a really nice comparison on Youtube regarding windnoise between Sena 30k and Cardo Packtalk Bold.

Reactions: 808MLS

humes

Colorado Motovlogger
May 17, 2020
Denver, CO
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2012 Ducati Monster 696
Older thread but wanted to add-on that I use a Cardo Freecom 4+ and it has been solid for me. Based on my research I had concluded that Sena, although the "name brand" people are familiar with, was not preferred over Cardo for most needs. The only caveat seemed to be that Cardo might not pair well with Sena for whatever reason (it is supposed to), so if your friends have Sena's, it probably makes sense to stay in the ecosystem.

FWIW, I bought the Cardo Freecom 4+ as a Duo pack on RevZilla; not cheap (something like $400) but figured I'd invest up-front.

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I got a Sena 30k recently, thinking most of the folk I ride with have them... they all now seem to have Cardos lol :D

• Haha
Reactions: WheelyPerd

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
All brands dont pair perfectly with each other. They all using their own proprietary "language" to do the fancy features, like 8 way+ rider or the mesh tech. One day they'll all get some standard.

So when pairing different brands, they all fall back to "normal bluetooth" without any fancy features. Distance is around 100m, but quite fragile.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts