What are your favourite cameras , and why ?

TMackie

Up Shift Freak
Right now I have 3 favourite cameras,
1) my Insta360 X3 captures everything, it is so versatile. The imagery is amazing.
2) Osmo Action 4 is a great action camera, the mic 2 bluetooth microphones connect easily and the data is easily transferable
3) My Osmo Pocket 2 is great for off of the bike strolling around the stops and the bluetooth mic allows me to be crystal clear from 100s of feet away.

I think it has to be my phone. I have it always with me. I do pretty much all my off bike shots with it, including photography. I ditched dslr for a superzoom, but since getting my last phone, few years back, I have only used the superzoom camera twice, for very special shots.

I think it has to be my phone. I have it always with me. I do pretty much all my off bike shots with it, including photography. I ditched dslr for a superzoom, but since getting my last phone, few years back, I have only used the superzoom camera twice, for very special shots.
I do a lot with my phone, as I have it on me all the time as well, but I rarely think of it as a camera. So you make a very valid point.

Different cameras for different jobs.

My Insta360 One X2 is great for sweeping shots and odd angles.

My Insta360 One RS is great for vlogging and natural rider views.

My goto helmet camera is my GoPro Hero 10. Great battery life, super reliable and awesome quality footage and in helmet audio (IMO). I have an Insta360 One X2 and a Insta360 Go2 but hardly ever use them. I also got a rugged pocket camera for stills, and it takes pretty good photos, but I rarely use it due to the faff... Like @Theodor mentioned, my mobile phone has to be my easiest to use camera, I always have it, it is effectively point and shoot and takes great photos.... although it is pretty old now and the photos more modern phones can take are quite incredible, especially in low light etc, so it might be soon time for me to upgrade phones

I use One X2s exclusively on the bike. I have never liked the idea of a camera on my lid, and I love the idea that I can choose the camera angle later, and that I can get a forward-view and rider-view from the same footage. The sacrifice is resolution, of course.

Off-bike I have a Canon M50 MkII, which I bought because I wanted a video camera which could use all the Canon SLR lenses I already had.

My Drift XL Pro as my helmet cam. Great resolution, 7 hour battery life, rotatable lens, and great mic that doesn’t need additional accessories.

GoPro Max on my handle bars for medium close-up shots of me as I ride. Probable my best camera, but I haven’t used its 360 mode as much as I should.

Rylo 360 cam on my front windshield (and other places). Still love this camera because the ease and smoothness of the editing software even though the company was bought out and left with no updates or support. If it becomes unusable in the future I may go to an Insta360 model.

My iPhone on a gimbal and my iPad for off the bike work along with my Canon Rebel T7i.

I’m looking to get my drone operator’s certification so I hope to use my DJI Mini-3 in the future.

- Wolf

I like all my GoPros the same. The Hero 4 Slivers, the OG and Session 5, the 8 black, the Max, and now the 11.

Each has its own area that stands out. The 4s do great for long days in the saddle cross country. The Sessions have the nicest form factor for when a small camera is needed for incognito stuff. The 8 does really great. The 11 is new has been going through some testing. I plan on using it for my chest harness on hikes as the harness goes wonky on keeping the horizon level when maneuvers are over and under things. The Max is like having eyes in the back and sides of my head.

My Drift XL Pro as my helmet cam. Great resolution, 7 hour battery life, rotatable lens, and great mic that doesn’t need additional accessories.

GoPro Max on my handle bars for medium close-up shots of me as I ride. Probable my best camera, but I haven’t used its 360 mode as much as I should.

Rylo 360 cam on my front windshield (and other places). Still love this camera because the ease and smoothness of the editing software even though the company was bought out and left with no updates or support. If it becomes unusable in the future I may go to an Insta360 model.

My iPhone on a gimbal and my iPad for off the bike work along with my Canon Rebel T7i.

I’m looking to get my drone operator’s certification so I hope to use my DJI Mini-3 in the future.

- Wolf
I have a mini 4 pro that I use. No license is required here in Canada for a drone under 250g , I do have my license for my bigger drone

I'm in the GoPro ecosystem and their remote controls multiple cameras simultaneously, so Hero10+12 for on-the-bike, but off bike? Sony ZV-1 for run & gun recording [and pocketability] and my Nikon for sweet shots, stabe on it sucks though.

I have a GoPro Max, but don't use it much anymore... just more work.

I try to avoid using my phone - I'm not a huge fan of the image quality.

-John

I'm in the GoPro ecosystem and their remote controls multiple cameras simultaneously, so Hero10+12 for on-the-bike, but off bike? Sony ZV-1 for run & gun recording [and pocketability] and my Nikon for sweet shots, stabe on it sucks though.

I have a GoPro Max, but don't use it much anymore... just more work.

I try to avoid using my phone - I'm not a huge fan of the image quality.

-John
I recently purchased a Sony Z1-M2 and I am just getting familiar with it.

I motovlog with three cams: Hero 7, Hero 8, and an Insta360 One X2. Out of the three my fav is the OneX2. My only problem is I wish the resolution was better. The One X3 does improve that somewhat but I'm waiting to see if the inevitable One X4 improves it even further.

I have a mini 4 pro that I use. No license is required here in Canada for a drone under 250g , I do have my license for my bigger drone
The same applies in the States, or under .55 pounds. I’m after my permit to understand and negotiate the restrictions, learn navigation, weather and chart reading. Plus, to make money with one you need your certification.

Ride and fly safe!

- Wolf

I motovlog with three cams: Hero 7, Hero 8, and an Insta360 One X2. Out of the three my fav is the OneX2. My only problem is I wish the resolution was better. The One X3 does improve that somewhat but I'm waiting to see if the inevitable One X4 improves it even further.

The One X4 is already out, and has "8K" - in quotes because it uses "AI" to upscale the 5.7k to 8k.

-John

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts

Back