Hold up! GoPro 11 - GPS, 12 - No GPS, 13 - GPS?

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
1725473078353.png

I recall that when the 12 came out GoPro said it was because nobody really used it. The 13 has GPS again so . . .

1725473356776.png

I have to admit I never used it other than as a test on a previous camera... I'd much rather they saved the space in the camera for a native mic port still.

Yeah, I was watching another reviewer, and he said that enough people complained that GoPro put it back in. I think it was the bee-sea-clists that did it.

-John

technically yup, as the legal ones cut power at 20mph so it is all peddle power after that... although most I see seem to be hacked so that they no longer need peddle assist or have a speed restriction

I saw someone showing that they are bringing "an all new quick release system" that looked suspiciously like the "good old" quick release system on DJI

Over here, on the other hand, cyclists have been fined for speeding. It even made the news in late 90s.

Yes, the Hero 13 has "magnetic" mounts... but like DJI, it's a magnet to help align the camera with the mount, and then little fingers hold onto the camera.

Unlike DJI, you can use it facing either way, and also unlike DJI, GoPro recommends using the fingers to attach the camera when in a "high vibration" environment, like mountain biking or motorcycling.

-John

My impression is the quick release is a gimmick. If it cannot handle high vibrations then how is it an "action" camera mount?

Remember back when the Sessions had place for a little tether on the cage just in case the thumbscrew came undone or the plastic fingers broke?

Now we have alloy fingers thst really hold so GoPro says they need more broken cameras and come out with "quick release".

My impression is the quick release is a gimmick. If it cannot handle high vibrations then how is it an "action" camera mount?

Remember back when the Sessions had place for a little tether on the cage just in case the thumbscrew came undone or the plastic fingers broke?

Now we have alloy fingers thst really hold so GoPro says they need more broken cameras and come out with "quick release".

I agree. If you're using it "in action" - I wouldn't trust it. I have a 3D-printed part that epoxies into my Media Mods, and while the one on my helmet is solid, apparently the glue didn't set right on the backup, which broke recently, dropping my Hero 12 lens-first into gravel. Scratched the Max Lens Mod [thank goodness you can't see it in the footage!]. But, it does make me leery.

Good ol' solid connections are the best IMO... the battery swaps and having to dismantle everything is such an annoyance, though.

-John

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts

Back