Welcome to rsventure

rsventure

Roadship Venture
Aug 27, 2019
Anywhere
www.roadshipventure.com
I ride a
2004 Yamaha Royalstar Venture
Hey everyone! There’s actually two of us posting under this account: Jesse is the driver of our 2004 Yamaha Royal star Venture and the motorcycle enthusiast and then Monica is the rider/observer/commentator. We just recently sold most of our stuff so that we could buy our bike in Milwaukee and then we drove it to Cape Cod where Monica’s family is based. Our plan is that we have no plan - we just want to travel and live on our bike, carrying only what we need for camping and hiking. So far it has been awesome: we’ve learned a lot about our bike and we’ve seen a good portion of eastern US. From here we might head up to Maine and even Canada.

We are here on this forum because we have also started a Motovlog YouTube channel called “Roadship Venture” which is also the name of our bike, and we want to learn from and see what others have done, plus we have relied heavily on motorcycle forums to troubleshoot our bike and we recognize how important these communities are. Thanks for letting us be a part of this!

Here is a picture of our bike!

0A625257-40FE-4DB0-8326-B5B9DE107DF4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Welcome in both of you, that certainly looks the right bike for the job.... You are very brave selling up and going travelling!

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
I also live in Massachusetts. That is a perfect bike for traveling.

Are you planning to do a lot of camping or do you intend to find cheap hotels?

When do you plan to start the adventure?

If you are looking for an idea about traveling full time or just camping and adventure I would recommend checking out As @themagpie (The Magpie Flies) and 40 Times Around on YouTube. Both of these channels have great information about pricing, what to bring etc. for long travel plans or for travel period.Tim from 40 Times Around is currently traveling full time.

I recently bought a bike for the travel purpose but only during vacations. These channels are the ones I went to for all of the troubles you may find and ideas on what you absolutely need.

Last edited by a moderator:

rsventure

Roadship Venture
Aug 27, 2019
Anywhere
www.roadshipventure.com
I ride a
2004 Yamaha Royalstar Venture
I also live in Massachusetts. That is a perfect bike for traveling.

Are you planning to do a lot of camping or do you intend to find cheap hotels?

When do you plan to start the adventure?

If you are looking for an idea about traveling full time or just camping and adventure I would recommend checking out As The Magpie Flies and 40 Times Around on YouTube. Both of these channels have great information about pricing, what to bring etc. for long travel plans or for travel period.Tim from 40 Times Around is currently traveling full time.

I recently bought a bike for the travel purpose but only during vacations. These channels are the ones I went to for all of the troubles you may find and ideas on what you absolutely need.

Hi! We intend to do as much camping as possible because it’s fun and it saves us money. But we know there will be nights when it’s raining or we just need a good nights sleep when we will stay at a hotel.

The adventure has already begun as we drove the bike from Milwaukee to Cape Cod. We have been in a holding pattern on the Cape as we got the bike registered and inspected. Needed a new front tire too. My parents live here so it’s a good spot to hang out. But we will be hitting the road in the next few days hopefully and heading up north through Boston to Maine.

We love 40 times around and will definitely check out as the magpie flies too! Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 8
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 0
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 1
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 0
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 8

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts