www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
Hi @motosera,

Welcome to MotoVlog.com.
Where are you from? What do you ride? Say hello, what do you like? Why are you here?

Got a photo of your bike?

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Honda CBR1100XX and Buel XB9R Custom
Hi everyone!

I'm Sera, just started a motovlog. I live in rural Cambridgeshire in the UK and ride a Honda Blackbird and a Buell engined custom chop.

I've been riding on the road for about 10 years, had loads of bikes in that time. Thought it would be fun to share my past, present and future experiences with a wider audience. I pretty much everything o my own bikes, so plan to share not only riding videos but also tech stuff and reviews.

As I'm a newb I'm here for hints and tips from the wider community and hopefully make a few new friends on the way!

PS waiting for a media mod from GoPro sucks!!

100522479_1230194050484689_5711994839378165760_n.jpg

34581738_708858979284868_5737223928246435840_o.jpg

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Yes, one of my builds - did everything except the frame and paint. My mate Briz at CCD built the frame :)

Awesome! Did you document or will document the build?

I ask because Buells are getting cheap so I can see some folks being curious on chopping one.

Reactions: motosera

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Awesome! Did you document or will document the build?

I ask because Buells are getting cheap so I can see some folks being curious on chopping one.

I did yes, but I think the forums its on are locked to members only. The albums on my FB profile are public though - hopefully it's OK to share links.

There's a bit of a story behind the bike and the engine, I'll probably do a vlog episode on it at some point - but basically the bike is a tribute bike and the engine was originally destined for a Bonneville Land Speed bike we were building, but changed our plans.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Hi welcome to the forum. The boss doesn't usually like folk linking away to off site posts, but with such a stunning bike, we will make an exception in this instance.
I have often pondered a chop, but never braved the build! :)

• Love

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Hi welcome to the forum. The boss doesn't usually like folk linking away to off site posts, but with such a stunning bike, we will make an exception in this instance.
I have often pondered a chop, but never braved the build! :)

Thanks! Really appreciate the kind words (and the leniency to the newb). I've built a few chops now, always good fun and theres plenty of help out there these days. :)

I'd always encourage anyone to just do it and see where you get :)

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I love the choice of headlights. Kind of like Cateye glasses which is cool. Was the frame built by you/your friends or is it one that can be ordered?

Is there a story behind the name of the bike?

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
I love the choice of headlights. Kind of like Cateye glasses which is cool. Was the frame built by you/your friends or is it one that can be ordered?

Is there a story behind the name of the bike?

The frame was done by mate Briz at CCD, he builds frames for a living and we did some Bonneville land speed bikes together.

The Buell bike name 'Black Rose' is because it's a tribute to Sophie Lancaster. A girl who was attacked and later died due to the way she looked (goth). Has a bit of a special place in my heart for a multitude of reasons, not least for the abuse I had growing up, could have easily been me in the same situation. I finished the build and 'unveiled' it on the 10th anniversary of her death. Her mum started a charity called the Sophie Lancaster Foundation. S.O.P.H.I.E (stamp out prejudice hatred (and) intolerance everwhere). And she teaches kids about tolerance and acceptance.

I'll take the bike out for a ride at some point and Vlog about the story in more depth.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Thanks! Really appreciate the kind words (and the leniency to the newb). I've built a few chops now, always good fun and theres plenty of help out there these days. :)

I'd always encourage anyone to just do it and see where you get :)
One of my bikes is pretty custom, but in the opposite direction, trying to lose weight and get it handling better, had the subframe chopped to lose it's lardy butt... I am contemplating a fun project with a bike I may be acquiring soon off a mate, but I can very much assure you, it will not be anywhere nnear as cool as yours! :D

• Love

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
The frame was done by mate Briz at CCD, he builds frames for a living and we did some Bonneville land speed bikes together.

The Buell bike name 'Black Rose' is because it's a tribute to Sophie Lancaster. A girl who was attacked and later died due to the way she looked (goth). Has a bit of a special place in my heart for a multitude of reasons, not least for the abuse I had growing up, could have easily been me in the same situation. I finished the build and 'unveiled' it on the 10th anniversary of her death. Her mum started a charity called the Sophie Lancaster Foundation. S.O.P.H.I.E (stamp out prejudice hatred (and) intolerance everwhere). And she teaches kids about tolerance and acceptance.

I'll take the bike out for a ride at some point and Vlog about the story in more depth.

Tragic but great story and I know of folks that can relate on some level. It is an inspiration to take pain and transform it into beauty.

• Love

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
I'm new here too. I'm a Suzuki / Moto Guzzi fan but I do think the Blackbird is one of Honda's real gems!

(and led to the Hayabusa after all...). The Blackbird is a damn site more comfortable though.

Oh and a Buell engine is a Harley engine.... :)

I'm still trying to 'acquire' a mates XB12 - a GLORIOUS sounding thing - albeit not entirely reliable... :)

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
I'm new here too. I'm a Suzuki / Moto Guzzi fan but I do think the Blackbird is one of Honda's real gems!

(and led to the Hayabusa after all...). The Blackbird is a damn site more comfortable though.

Oh and a Buell engine is a Harley engine.... :)

I'm still trying to 'acquire' a mates XB12 - a GLORIOUS sounding thing - albeit not entirely reliable... :)

I have a bit of a dislike for the busa, I have ridden a few including turbo ones, but they just never did it for me.

The XB9R engine shares virtually no components with any HD engine. Cases, barrels, heads, crank, cam, pistons, fuel system are all specific to the Buell. They are certainly similar in terms of overall design but share very few common parts. The same applies to the XB12. Harley derived, yes. Harley engine? No. ;)

Reactions: HippoDrone
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 1
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 7
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 0
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 6
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 5

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO