www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
Hi @Mickp,

Welcome to MotoVlog.com.
Where are you from? What do you ride? Say hello, what do you like? Why are you here?

Got a photo of your bike?

Mickp

Wannabie Member
Jul 16, 2020
I ride a
FJR1300AE
Hi @Mickp,

Welcome to MotoVlog.com.
Where are you from? What do you ride? Say hello, what do you like? Why are you here?

Got a photo of your bike?
Hi there and thanks for the welcome, well a bit about me, living Herefordshire on the welsh borders in the UK so got some nice biking roads on my doorstep and after months of Wales being on lockdown I do appreciate them.
Currently riding a FJR1300 after trading in my ZX9r in last year so I could do more touring in comfort, had the bike about 12 months and really enjoying it. Will put a picture up later as at work atm.
Just bought a Drift Ghost XL and awaiting delivery of the external mic from USA as I could not source one in UK, everywhere seemed to be sold out.
A bit nervous of using the 3M pad to stick the camera to the helmet incase it comes unstuck so I got a small camera strap, the sort that you just put your hand through, and looped it through the mount of the camera and the other end has the helmet chin strap going through it.

Mick

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Hi Mick!

Greetings from another newbie! :)

I do love a FJR1300! Lets see it!

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Wow! Looks so classy in the grey! I've got a Sprint ST 1050cc so do love a good tourer, although mine is sports bias. That FJR looks incredible though! What year is it?

Is it easy to motorvlog from? Any challenges?

TBRD

Throttle Back Rubber Down
Jul 9, 2020
I ride a
2020 BMW S1000XR
Welcome from another newbie. My 3M pads have held firm but I also have my chin mounted camera tethered just in case ;) I love the FJR!

Mickp

Wannabie Member
Jul 16, 2020
I ride a
FJR1300AE
I did look at a sprint but the Yam won me over, do like the single sided swinging arm on the sprint though.
The FJR was new may 2019, it now has the Givi rack and Monokey on it, I don't think the rack is so nice as the standard on especially as its matt black, so later in the year I will take it off and get it sprayed gloss black.
Only just setting up for camera so will have to update how I get on with motorvlog.

Oh the bike has a small scratch on the mirror due to me being and idiot, I dropped it at Reading services on the way back from France, forget the rear shock mount sits a lot lower than my old ZX9 and ground it out on a kerb, with the rear tyre up the kerb, put foot out and was to high, oops. But its one of those things, last bike I had for many years and never dropped it this one 4 months old and I dropped it.
Mick

• Haha
Reactions: City Bob

TBRD

Throttle Back Rubber Down
Jul 9, 2020
I ride a
2020 BMW S1000XR
I did look at a sprint but the Yam won me over, do like the single sided swinging arm on the sprint though.
The FJR was new may 2019, it now has the Givi rack and Monokey on it, I don't think the rack is so nice as the standard on especially as its matt black, so later in the year I will take it off and get it sprayed gloss black.
Only just setting up for camera so will have to update how I get on with motorvlog.

Oh the bike has a small scratch on the mirror due to me being and idiot, I dropped it at Reading services on the way back from France, forget the rear shock mount sits a lot lower than my old ZX9 and ground it out on a kerb, with the rear tyre up the kerb, put foot out and was to high, oops. But its one of those things, last bike I had for many years and never dropped it this one 4 months old and I dropped it.
Mick

I rode for 18 years and never dropped a bike. Then one day I pulled into work on my Triumph Trophy and was walking it back into a spot when I stepped on a rather larger rock. I didn't expect it and rolled my ankle causing the bike to tip to the right. For a split second I kinda caught it but that bike was so heavy I figured I would snap my leg and down she went on the right side :eek:. Only really damaged my pride and the right pannier cover that was easily replaced.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I have a Drift Ghost S for years and have never had any problems with the 3M pads. it's been rock solid for at least 3 years. Let us know how things work out with your external mic. My S is getting old, and since they don't make it anymore (A shame because it's an awesome camera), I may be moving up to the 4K model that uses an external mic as well.

Also, what's your channel?

- Wolf

Last edited:
Reactions: Mickp

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Hi @Mickp welcome to the forum. That bike is a serious bit of kit, perfect for touring trips! :) <3

Reactions: Mickp

Mickp

Wannabie Member
Jul 16, 2020
I ride a
FJR1300AE
Thanks Hippo, yes very comfy bike, out on it today getting video of the Elan valley.
Wulf no channel as yet still in the very early stages. Will post when I get something decent to show.
Just trying to source a second Ghost XL but not many about in the UK atm.
Mick

Reactions: HippoDrone
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 8
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 0
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 1
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 0
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 8

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts