I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Hi @bernhtp,

Welcome to MotoVlog.com.
Where are you from? What do you ride? Say hello, what do you like? Why are you here?

Got a photo of your bike?

bernhtp

Wannabie Member
May 22, 2018
I ride a
2020 BMW S 1000 RR (K67) M Sport
I'm from Austin, TX and ride a BMW K 1300S.

I'm doing a 9-day motorbike tour through the Alps (starting in Munich and going through parts of France, Switzerland, Italy and Austria before ending in Germany) this summer on a rented BMW S 1000 XR. I decided to motovlog it, and thereafter. I'm primarily here for tips on vlogging gear and setup.

I intend to do a helmet mount since I want to record what I see, not where my bike points. After viewing a hundred YouTubes, I just decided to buy the Sony X3000R, having found its OIS and general video quality to be compelling. I have a Schuberth C4 modular helmet with built-in SC1a Bluetooth module (Sena).

The combination of modular helmet and X3000 means no top nor chin mount, leaving a side mount. I'm in the latter stages of deciding upon the optimal setup before ordering stuff in a couple of days.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I'm from Austin, TX and ride a BMW K 1300S.

I'm doing a 9-day motorbike tour through the Alps (starting in Munich and going through parts of France, Switzerland, Italy and Austria before ending in Germany) this summer on a rented BMW S 1000 XR. I decided to motovlog it, and thereafter. I'm primarily here for tips on vlogging gear and setup.

I intend to do a helmet mount since I want to record what I see, not where my bike points. After viewing a hundred YouTubes, I just decided to buy the Sony X3000R, having found its OIS and general video quality to be compelling. I have a Schuberth C4 modular helmet with built-in SC1a Bluetooth module (Sena).

The combination of modular helmet and X3000 means no top nor chin mount, leaving a side mount. I'm in the latter stages of deciding upon the optimal setup before ordering stuff in a couple of days.
Nice, your planned trip sounds amazing. The Sony is a great camera. Are you going to be using an in helmet mic?

bernhtp

Wannabie Member
May 22, 2018
I ride a
2020 BMW S 1000 RR (K67) M Sport
Nice, your planned trip sounds amazing. The Sony is a great camera. Are you going to be using an in helmet mic?
I will connect a mic to the camera despite there already being a built-in mic (and headphones) for the Bluetooth setup in the C4. It would obviously be better if the camera had Bluetooth and could tap into the audio feed from the helmet-connected smart phone. Everything is a bit too Rube Goldberg, but that's the current state of the industry apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:

TSR

TheSurreyRider
May 3, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson Nightster
Welcome :) That trip sounds great, very jealous!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 0
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 2
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 9
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 0
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 6

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts