Virtual Dual Vlog Collab

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
OK, who wants to try a virtual dual vlog collaboration? Paging Yellow Backback Guy!

Idea:

Set up comms systems, record to phones, sync up with footage from camera, share footage, each person records their version of the events, publish to YT?

Let's discuss it here!

-John

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
I'm up for it as well, the hard part is the weather here this time of year, I won't really be able to confirm I can ride until a day or two at most.

I don't think we would even need to record on the phone, I think recording over the normal microphones and then share, we just need to find a way to sync them up.

Reactions: YBGuy and Drakhen99

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I'm up for it as well, the hard part is the weather here this time of year, I won't really be able to confirm I can ride until a day or two at most.

I don't think we would even need to record on the phone, I think recording over the normal microphones and then share, we just need to find a way to sync them up.

That's why I suggested in the other thread that we can do a test one night where we're just sitting at the computer with our helmets on, and talk for a few minutes.

No need for bikes to do a test.

As for syncing audio, if Rider 1 claps at the start of recording, it should be picked up by the comms on Rider 2's helmet, and then it's easy to sync up. Hence testing before going out for a ride ;)

-John

Reactions: HRMV and YBGuy

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
That's why I suggested in the other thread that we can do a test one night where we're just sitting at the computer with our helmets on, and talk for a few minutes.

As for syncing audio, if Rider 1 claps at the start of recording, it should be picked up by the comms on Rider 2's helmet, and then it's easy to sync up. Hence testing before going out for a ride ;)

-John

I'm happy to give it a try. I think visual queue may help sync them up, but I think it should be pretty easy to get them synced. Really, rider 1 doesn't really need video/audio synced with rider 2, since there is no video that will need to match. Making sure the conversation matches up doesn't really require a true sync. I think it should be pretty easy cover the technical side of doing this. I'm pretty much available anytime after 6:30pm your time most days.

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
That said, if YBPG is willing to do it, you have a better chance of picking up subs doing it with him. My sub base is pretty people from here.

• Haha

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
If it's virtual, then there's no need to just do a dual vlog - we can have 3 riders from 3 parts of the country all in it together. Rising tides raise all ships, right? Get Dewey some more exposure! Also, it's just something YBG and I were noodling around in another thread, and for me, I think the more heads we put together on it, the better it will turn out!

Heck, it's worth it just to try it out.

Also, I think that while syncing isn't 100% necessary, it could definitely help. Especially if you want to easily sync audio tracks in editors like Resolve, it makes it easy to set In points for the video & audio files, so less time required in editing.

I am usually busy with my kids & wife until around 9-9:30pm EST most nights, so any time after that works for me ... I'm a night owl.

-John

Reactions: YBGuy

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
That is perfect, since I am on Pacific time, so that works great for me, it would be after dinner here.

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
OK, who wants to try a virtual dual vlog collaboration? Paging Yellow Backback Guy!

Idea:

Set up comms systems, record to phones, sync up with footage from camera, share footage, each person records their version of the events, publish to YT?

Let's discuss it here!

-John
Yes, would love too. I know I want to try this NOw, so bad but I am out of town at the moment but will be back early March. :) I'm down to try and think up a script though!

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a

-John
Yes, I also think clapping would work pretty well. It's loud so it should come across both phones to help sync up the Video.

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
That said, if YBPG is willing to do it, you have a better chance of picking up subs doing it with him. My sub base is pretty people from here.
Haha, Dewey, you are funny. I think you have me confused with someone else. I am from SF Bay Area in California. So we are from all over the place. I think this virtual callab is the perfect place for this nationwide test. ; p

I am out of town at the moment so I don't have my helmet or local phone. But would love to try this out in early March. But heck, if you guys are ready... have at it! I would love to see what you guys come up with.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
Haha, Dewey, you are funny. I think you have me confused with someone else. I am from SF Bay Area in California. So we are from all over the place. I think this virtual callab is the perfect place for this nationwide test. ; p

Haha, you have twice the subs I do. ;-)

I figure we give it a try and see what happens. If it works it could be a fun way to colab and something a little different.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
So, do you want to do the dual vlog as in 1 person records their video, send it to person 2, who then records there answers/reactions to it?
Or as in both people jump on a bike and call each other (mobile phone) and have a "live" dual vlog?

(both have been done before, so both are possible.)

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
So, do you want to do the dual vlog as in 1 person records their video, send it to person 2, who then records there answers/reactions to it?
Or as in both people jump on a bike and call each other (mobile phone) and have a "live" dual vlog?

(both have been done before, so both are possible.)
The later, duel live vlog, then share footage afterwards to make a video going back and forth between the riders talking.

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Drakhen99

I really need to get my audio shit sorted.

Once that's done it'd be good to do a Australia / USA collab of some sort.

Something like "American Thunder Down Under"???

or, "Crickey That's a Stupid Yank!"

:D

-John

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Or "The Dual Motovlog Long Distance Test"

That title is missing a certain pizzazz... Maybe, "Can you hear me now? Global Dual MotoVlog Test"

-John

• Haha

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts