Upgraded to Hero7 Black from Hero4 Black

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
i just looked up Dartford Bridge and i see what you're talking about, it's huge and getting a clean run across it must be very rare. I love a chance to "lead a wagon train" as i think of it when traffic opens up after a closure. In Los Angeles it happens on fwys.

It did feel fairly special, to see an open road in front of me and everyone in my mirrors (for about 10 seconds) hehe

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Very true. I'm going to experiment with position in the week. Possibly lower the camera to give a more in the bike feel to the viewer maybe have it hanging upside down.
Am currently making a new helmet setup myself too, just waiting on a bit more Sugru as I only had 2 packets left so need to add to it to strengthen it a bit on my new lid.

Reactions: City Bob

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
I love my lid but it's fairly heavy, especially with all the gear on. I'm considering a lighter one just nothing had caught my eye yet

KrustyBoot

Become one with the Krustyness
Jun 8, 2020
East Anglia, UK.
I ride a
All the shit bikes! :)
Very true. I'm going to experiment with position in the week. Possibly lower the camera to give a more in the bike feel to the viewer maybe have it hanging upside down.

I have mine hanging down. Could go lower still but its a balance between camera position and the camera not getting in the way. If its too low its going to restrict you when your doing life savers, so just check it out with all your gear on before you start your ride. :)

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
I have mine hanging down. Could go lower still but its a balance between camera position and the camera not getting in the way. If its too low its going to restrict you when your doing life savers, so just check it out with all your gear on before you start your ride. :)

Thats very true, I didn't think about it getting in the way when I turn my head, I'll watch out for that. I've got some ideas on how to make it a bit different so going to do some experimenting next week and see how it works, but it'll be a lot more editing! Basically looking at running the 4 and the 7 at the same time with the 4 face on all the time for a more personal viewer experience. Also considering running a mic along the whole bike to the exhaust from the 4 and mixing the audio from the 4 and the 7 (7 being used to record voice)

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I love my lid but it's fairly heavy, especially with all the gear on. I'm considering a lighter one just nothing had caught my eye yet
Aye, is why I use carbon fibre helmets, so much lighter, my road helmet with GoPro fitted is possibly still lighter than my track helmet that doesn't have cameras fitted to it! :)

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Aye, is why I use carbon fibre helmets, so much lighter, my road helmet with GoPro fitted is possibly still lighter than my track helmet that doesn't have cameras fitted to it! :)

Trouble is I love the design and look of my helmet, (shoei nxr dystopia) You don't see many people with them (I've never seen anyone else with one)

But, saying that I am considering a different helmet for touring. Ideally a lightweight modular. If it took the CW1 visor so I could use my Photochromic one. Big ask, I know!

It won't take the CW1, but does anyone have experience with the Shoei Neotecs? I hear the Packtalk doesn't fit well with them?

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
I have a Neotec 2. Havent put a camera on yet - that's the next challenge, as the lift up front restricts options for fitting to a side mount setup rather than chin mount.

Its useful to have the lift up option to avoid sneezing inside a helmet ... yuck! (I get hayfever)

One major issue I do have with it, and which I didn't really expect based on reviews I'd read - is that its quite noisy.

• Haha

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
I have a Neotec 2. Havent put a camera on yet - that's the next challenge, as the lift up front restricts options for fitting to a side mount setup rather than chin mount.

Its useful to have the lift up option to avoid sneezing inside a helmet ... yuck! (I get hayfever)

One major issue I do have with it, and which I didn't really expect based on reviews I'd read - is that its quite noisy.

Yes I read the neotec 2 was quiet? Outting a side mounted camera on it won't help the wind noise!! I might have to reconsider the neotec in that case. I was more refering to fitting the Packtalk as I hear they have a cut out for a Sena device meaning the Packtalk doesn't fit well or had to go further back in a bad position.

These adaptor was £50 not sure what that is in AUD. You're in Australia? I thought the camera was well priced at £219 but add the £50 and it becomes more the price I'd expect, but not want to pay!

I would post a link to the mic but I guess I haven't proven my worthiness here yet as if I post any links my post gets annoyingly automatically hidden, and not sure they ever got approved so sorry can't link it.

Reactions: LandyVlad

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Big gripe of the Hero7 Black I've found so far, the memory card is in the bottom next to the battery. So when you have to change out the card, its a complete faff! I hate faff.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts