Track Day Booked - Rockingham, 2nd Of Sept

Matt Leech

What chicken strips?
Jul 17, 2017
Sheffield
I ride a
BMW F800 GT
Oh definitely!

The cameras will be secured by Drift's own bar mount which is just a clamp with rubber shocks, but I'd like to create a more stable/dampened mounting this time.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I use the GoPro bar mount and it works ok. I do use image stabilisation with bar mounting as it damps out the vibes a little.

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
Rockingham is a bit far for me!! although i am gagging to do a trackday!...asoon as i grab myself a leather jacket.. i'll be getting some booked closer to home when i have some disposable cash!

Don't forget to post your footage on here!

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
I would be game, but i need to get a leather jacket. Plus i got a lot going on in personal life atm so will have to give it a pass, sorry bud

Reactions: Matt Leech

Matt Leech

What chicken strips?
Jul 17, 2017
Sheffield
I ride a
BMW F800 GT
To be perfectly honest, it's probably safer for all involved if track days are attended by people that do not know each other.

I think that our motorcycling politeness adds a little to the sensible scale when braking late for bends, passing at 160mph on straights (my bike only does 130mph, but I get a big kick out of others blasting past me :) ), or trying to take a few tenths off a lap time. If friends go along together, there's no need for that politeness and who knows what that could lead to.

Reactions: HippoDrone

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
I'd only do a track day to go at at my own pace. And try beat my own times. I understand im not a BSB or GP rider. I'd only do it to hone my own skills. Plus i cherish my own bike not to wreck it trying to do 90mph knee drag on turn 1 lol

Matt Leech

What chicken strips?
Jul 17, 2017
Sheffield
I ride a
BMW F800 GT
18 hours to go!! Can't wait! :D

Rockingham Circuit advertises itself as "Europe's fastest racing circuit". Hahah! So I guess I'm going to be overtaken a lot tomorrow.

I wonder what that boast means?... Longest straight? Fastest corners? Some kind of averaging over the distance? Whatever it is, my bike will not be travelling much above its top speed of 125mph-ish.

I might remove the mirrors this time instead of pulling them in. Oh, and I must remember to switch off Comfort Riding mode before I start!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
18 hours to go!! Can't wait! :D

Rockingham Circuit advertises itself as "Europe's fastest racing circuit". Hahah! So I guess I'm going to be overtaken a lot tomorrow.

I wonder what that boast means?... Longest straight? Fastest corners? Some kind of averaging over the distance? Whatever it is, my bike will not be travelling much above its top speed of 125mph-ish.

I might remove the mirrors this time instead of pulling them in. Oh, and I must remember to switch off Comfort Riding mode before I start!
I think it is because of the banked corners allowing cars when on certain circuit configurations to take them flat out NASCAR stylee.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts