Thinking Of Touring Around Portions Of Australia

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
Sup guys, after doing a motorcycle trip in South East England (London whereabouts) last year in 2016, I've been itching to tour another country I've never been to, and I was looking at Australia.

Any Aussies can give suggestions? I'm not sure which city I should base myself in and ride around for the most Australian experience. Obviously probably only gonna be around for 10-14 days.

Also, is it legal to rent a motorcycle from just any other regular rider in Australia? Reasoning being my last 2 trips in totally different countries, I had rented bikes from a proper rental business, both ended up breaking down that left me stranded in the middle of no-fucking-where until I went about figuring a way to get back. So twice burned, 3rd time shy. I'd prefer to check around here and reddit for actual owners of spare motorcycles to rent (of course i'll pay for it), so I can have peace of mind that the bike I'll be riding had love and care in it's maintenance.

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Depends on what kind of riding you plan on doing and more importantly what time of year you want to come. In 10-14 days you could easily get from the top to the bottom or there about.
As a general guide. If it's the winter months stay north of Sydney. If it's the summer stay south.

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
Thinking December would be nice. So is that Sydney?

Also it's not illegal to ride someone else's bike in Australia as long as they had lent it to you right? Wanna check because in SG, it is illegal to ride a motorcycle that is not owned by you, except for rental machines, and I'm not sure if Aus has a similar law.

CoastC

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2017
I ride a
2012 Triumph Speed Triple
Bit late to answer you but it is not illegal for you to ride a hired/loaned bike, as long as it is registered and has insurance.
With a quick google search I found several motorcycle hire places in Sydney. Don't want to sound biased but Sydney would probably be the best choice with our december summers here in Australia.

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
Bit late to answer you but it is not illegal for you to ride a hired/loaned bike, as long as it is registered and has insurance.
With a quick google search I found several motorcycle hire places in Sydney. Don't want to sound biased but Sydney would probably be the best choice with our december summers here in Australia.
Not late at all, this is like a very far away plan at the moment.

Googling around only brings up places that are renting bigger bikes for like a prohibitive 150+ dollars per day. I'm looking more at smaller 400cc and below bikes that are roughly 50-80-ish or less per day. Currently i'm getting nothing, I'll have to wait and see if the rental business in Australia improves on it's offerings before I make a decision.

CoastC

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2017
I ride a
2012 Triumph Speed Triple
I have zero affiliation or have used these guys before but Google: "Nax motorbike hire midsize lams"

LAMS is bassically our licensing scheme for newer rider (not saying you are) these bikes fall into your requirements for a week long hire and engine capacity.

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
I have zero affiliation or have used these guys before but Google: "Nax motorbike hire midsize lams"

LAMS is bassically our licensing scheme for newer rider (not saying you are) these bikes fall into your requirements for a week long hire and engine capacity.
THANKS MAN! This is exactly what I was looking for. The prices are actually reasonable :) I'll factor it into my future plans. Thank you so much.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts