Status
Not open for further replies.

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
I've had an idea for a video, based on this government safety campaign here in the uk

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV0H4bZWh2c[/youtube]

Unfortunately no large flashy lighting rigs are involved, I was planning on compiling any near misses and running them to the same music, along with the location, so for example in the bottom left of footage submitted by Bikermole would be "Steve, Colchester"

The idea is to bring the format of that campaign even closer to real life, and if I can get a good spread of videos from across the UK (and perhaps the world?) then I think the video would be effective.

If you have any near miss footage you are ok for me to use then please link it below, if you'd like to give your first name also you can but you don't have to!

Hopefully I can get enough footage to put something together!

Ride safe guys and I look forward to hearing from you!

Blake

Darth Peachy

Wannabie Member
Mar 21, 2013
Gibraltar
I ride a
1991 Kawasaki ZZR 600 D2
Re: "Think Bike"

This is a good idea, there are a lot of half arsed near miss videos on you tube but if done properly this could work out real nice. If I get any near miss footage of my own your'e welcome to it.

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer

Darth Peachy said:
This is a good idea, there are a lot of half arsed near miss videos on you tube but if done properly this could work out real nice. If I get any near miss footage of my own your'e welcome to it.

If you do could you link it here please, will save me tons of work!!

jazz999

Wannabie Member
Feb 3, 2013
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha FZS600 Fazer 2002

Great idea mate! Nothing from me as I'm still cam-less but I know BKarolX has a near miss from our recent ride-out to Brightlingsea

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer

jazz999 said:
Great idea mate! Nothing from me as I'm still cam-less but I know BKarolX has a near miss from our recent ride-out to Brightlingsea

Found that on his video, thanks for pointing it out to me, BKarolX do you still have the raw footage of that one?

Chris033081

Wannabie Member
Feb 15, 2013
Western Washington
I ride a
2013 Harley Davidson XL1200C-ANV

With Corel X6 new motion tracking editing it may be possible to add in some flashy bright sign lights as an after effect of some group rides or random bikers along the way.

I may just have to borrow this idea as a classroom aide for Moto Safety Training.

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer

Chris033081 said:
With Corel X6 new motion tracking editing it may be possible to add in some flashy bright sign lights as an after effect of some group rides or random bikers along the way.

I may just have to borrow this idea as a classroom aide for Moto Safety Training.

Way above my skill level :)

TheDiabeticBiker

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha MT07
Ducati Monster 600
Re: "Think Bike" Video submissions needed

If I had my camera on yesterday coming home from college, I'd be able to to give you some footage. Some idiot started pulling into my lane right beside me! My first close call :(

senthx

Wannabie Member
Jan 8, 2012
Bedfordshire
I ride a
BMW 650 Sertao, Honda XR 250, Suzuki VanVan
This isn't really a near miss, it's almost nearly a near miss if I hadn't been looking and I was looking.
See the car right at the start, assume they've seen me and are going to pull out with a "stuff you" attitude. Didn't expect that they hadn't seen me, would then panic, and stop dead in my path, and then wave at me to get out of their way.

But, it is all I got right now. Which, is good thing I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-KcFEyF1vM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M General Discussion 5