The "What Did You Do Today" Thread....

HippoDrone

Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Went on an awesome ride with Big_Pezza, tried out some more Insta360 One X footage and he had a play with his new drone (which I might have crashed Oops). Learnt so much on the bike today! :)

HippoDrone

Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Well today has been a busy day with the Moto Guzzi and the Triumph. I now have a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 5's fitted to it, man getting the rear wheel back on was a pain! I have also been modifying my Moto Guzzi so it will pass the UK's annual MoT as the rules have changed and the indicators now have to be a minimum of 300mm apart at the front and 240mm apart at the rear. I think my rears will probs pass muster, but the fronts needed a rethink. The indicators were the little chrome bits sticking out of the headlight surround...

So back to the drawing board. Because I have a different dash now I wasn't able to use the original headlight bracket (which had mounts for indicators) without modifying it, so I chopped it in half and gutted the framework that was in the way and gave it a lick of paint:

I then refitted the original headlight from before the build began:

And also fitted the front indicators from my Beta Alp 4.0

I'm not anti the new look, but it is a shame I had to lose the tiny (and pretty useless) "Bates" style light, is ace to have a halogen bulb again though! :D

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Have Fun!
Aug 4, 2016
Clarksville to Nashville, TN
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Well today has been a busy day with the Moto Guzzi and the Triumph. I now have a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 5's fitted to it, man getting the rear wheel back on was a pain! I have also been modifying my Moto Guzzi so it will pass the UK's annual MoT as the rules have changed and the indicators now have to be a minimum of 300mm apart at the front and 240mm apart at the rear. I think my rears will probs pass muster, but the fronts needed a rethink. The indicators were the little chrome bits sticking out of the headlight surround...

View attachment 4029

View attachment 4030

So back to the drawing board. Because I have a different dash now I wasn't able to use the original headlight bracket (which had mounts for indicators) without modifying it, so I chopped it in half and gutted the framework that was in the way and gave it a lick of paint:

View attachment 4031

View attachment 4032

I then refitted the original headlight from before the build began:

View attachment 4033

And also fitted the front indicators from my Beta Alp 4.0

View attachment 4034

I'm not anti the new look, but it is a shame I had to lose the tiny (and pretty useless) "Bates" style light, is ace to have a halogen bulb again though! :D

View attachment 4035

View attachment 4036
I like it!

Reactions: HippoDrone

R-Rated

Have Fun!
Aug 4, 2016
Clarksville to Nashville, TN
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Cheers Anthony, I don't hate it, and I'll def appreciate the better illumination if I am out at night :)
It reminds me of my 73 CB750 back when I bobbed it and parked under the "Harley parking only sign" at a biker bar long ago.

I had an old school visor on the headlight.

Man, I wish I had pics of it back then.:cool:

• Love

HippoDrone

Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Today, I met up with a very awesome young man who is travelling the world on a Honda CRF250

Here is a link to his YouTube channel, his sense of adventure and true enjoyment of the world is quite something, I wish I had his drive and passion when I was his age!

HippoDrone

Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Will this morning we had an earthquake, that was something new to me! :) 3.7 on the Richter Scale apparently, certainly made the building I was in shake and made a bit of noise.

• Wow

CDA441

Red Viffer VTEC!
Apr 15, 2016
Belgium
cda441.wordpress.com
I ride a
'04 Honda VFR800 VTEC
Ridden with the new mic setup, god that's so good! But not good enough :p
I added a piece of fur inside the windjammer in the hopes that my breathing and the external wind noise will subside. But for a 15€ microphone in total, it absolutely blows away the competition.

I also feel like having a facecam gives me the opportunity to cut away to another POV to snip out the empty spaces between sentences and "uhhs". I still feel like I need to learn the language a little better so it pops out naturally, because right now I'm watching the road like a hawk when talking to a camera o_O

CDA441

Red Viffer VTEC!
Apr 15, 2016
Belgium
cda441.wordpress.com
I ride a
'04 Honda VFR800 VTEC
Got the breathing noise away, which means no more huffing and puffing in the mic!
All by using a big piece of fur in front of the mic. Didn't get the full wind noise away tho, and the engine noise isn't that good of a quality, so the external microphone should fix that.

jasonrides

Wannabie Member
Jan 18, 2019
I ride a
Honda CBR250R
The pictures of the planes remind me of Fleet Week in San Francisco where the Blue Angels fly over the city performing various maneuvers and stunts. Awesome!

• Love

HippoDrone

Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Well today I had a vlog fail, audio went Pete Tong half way through, but I did get out on the Beta, so not a total fail. If it was drier, I'd probs pop out for a bit on my Triumph too, but it is kinda grotty, so washing up it is! :D

Latest posts

Winners Video

Want your video here?
Supported by Suffolk SEO who helps maintain this site.

Winners Video

Want your video here?

Top Posters Past 30 days

Latest posts

Winners Video

Want your video here?