Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
I’m gonna move this as a sticky in the promoted video section. Mainly so it shows in the news feeds, unlike the generic ‘watch me yea yea’ video section

iF this thread keeps going then we can make a section.

I’ve had it before where an idea sounds awesome then dies after a while so let’s see

Reactions: HippoDrone

Ironside

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2015
United Kingdom
www.edmundironside.co.uk
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800XC
@Ironside here is the answer to the traffic light question . . .a bit cheeky production values but I researched the reason so the information is solid.

That intro was getting tense, need a cup of tea to calm me down now.

Couldn't see the sign, is this right or is there no standard sign, loads of different types on Google?

3223.jpg

Last edited:

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Why do vehicles have right of way over pedestrians even when pedestrian is on zebra crossing?

Think that is a continetal difference.

Netherlands, Belgium and Germany all have pedestrains with the right of way, because they are the weaker part of traffic.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
In the UK our YouTube videos (and recordings on our cameras) can be used against us as evidence.... in the USA it seems to not be an issue with folks doing wheelies and 150mph blats openly posted on the tube of ewes.
Can anyone put a vid together explaining how that works in America and can anyone put a vid together explaining how the law works in the UK regarding this? :)

They say that here as well.

Yet, nothing has come from it, and the 2 cases that ever happend were both won by the motorcyclist.
Because they need proof off the license plate. The date of the event and the location.
And that alone is very hard to prove.

It is a different thing when you are full face on camera and doing something stupid.
Best example are two guys who did a vlog and jumped on a train roof, a riding train. And got off it a couple of stations later.
They did get a fine, because the traincompany sued them.
And it was considerd a very dangerous action that broke multiple laws.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
That intro was getting tense, need a cup of tea to calm me down now.

Couldn't see the sign, is this right or is there no standard sign, loads of different types on Google?

That one would be more noticeable but the one in the video is just written out in all words. I find that a bit interesting given the low school test scores and high amount of poverty in the area.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Great responses so far folks, can I ask that you keep the videos below 10min though please.

Reactions: Ironside

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
Crosswalks explained from the POV of Tennessee with actual law citations.

PLUS!!!!!!

New abbreviated intro!

To put it bluntly, In America, you cross at your own risk :D. Over here, Peds literally abuse the right of way and just walk out in front of cars/bikes most of the time. You only have to watch RJ to see it first hand.

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
To put it bluntly, In America, you cross at your own risk :D. Over here, Peds literally abuse the right of way and just walk out in front of cars/bikes most of the time. You only have to watch RJ to see it first hand.

Yep. I was surprised to see our law event tells the pedestrian they must give the motorist time to stop.

The other law is about blind pedestrians. Motorists are totally accountable for not stopping for them regardless of crosswalk.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Would be good to get some Europeans point of view as they have some weird rules, especially as this is becoming the Anthony and Ironside show.

What's the penalty for not having the required papers (said with German accent) on you?

Here in TN:

If you have no vehicle insurance at all your license is suspended. If you just to show proof, it is a citation to court where you must show you were are covered or you go for suspension. Even if you are covered but failed to provide a copy you still will likely have to pay court costs.

If you fail to have your license on your person and are riding you can be cited for driving without a license. Then go to court. Court costs again. Not sure but I doubt the cop will let you ride home so there could be a tow bill involved.

Failure to show registration, could end up like the above.

Carrying a weapon easily within reach also is a misdemeanor if you do not have a permit. It can make for a very uncomfortable situation in short order so best to follow the rules and let the officer know while keeping your hands where they can see them.

Reactions: HippoDrone

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I too want to see some other input! Especially from Canada and the US. I tend to wander around for great distances and not all states publish their stuff online where it is easy to find.

Here is one for everyone in Europe, how do you folks handle recognizing licenses from each other countries? Is there a process to verify validity that is between countries?

Add Asia to that question...

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts