The Road to 1000 Subs

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Woot Woot - That's awesome, exponential growth, hope it continues.

I'm up to 27...woohoo. I'm gonna get myself something at 50 subs, my own personal milestone gift...haha. Probably just parts for my bike ;-)

Then you'll have more content to make ;)

-John

Reactions: Skyd

BikeFather

Wannabie Member
Apr 11, 2021
I ride a
Harley Davidson Sport Glide
Woot Woot - That's awesome, exponential growth, hope it continues.

I'm up to 27...woohoo. I'm gonna get myself something at 50 subs, my own personal milestone gift...haha. Probably just parts for my bike ;-)

Well done. Good to reward yourself. I've set a goal to buy myself some headers for the bike once I reach 500 subscribers.. Guess what?

I bought them, the day after I set that goal.. LOL :D

The morale of the story is. Don't set reward goals if you don't have the patience to wait. Haha

Last edited:

Skyd

Wannabie Member
May 2, 2021
New Hampshire
I ride a
2020 RPS Hawk 250
WOOHOO! Jeez I might have to sign up for TubeBuddy just for the cool milestones, haha. I've set my PERSONAL milestones at 100, 250, 500, 1000. If I ever get that far then I'll revisit.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Awesome to hear. 100 new subs in a month is great growth. Any tips for those struggling?

Reactions: Drakhen99

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
WOOHOO! Jeez I might have to sign up for TubeBuddy just for the cool milestones, haha. I've set my PERSONAL milestones at 100, 250, 500, 1000. If I ever get that far then I'll revisit.

I will admit, one of my favorite features of TB is the milestones. :cool:

Reactions: Skyd and Drakhen99

BikeFather

Wannabie Member
Apr 11, 2021
I ride a
Harley Davidson Sport Glide
Awesome to hear. 100 new subs in a month is great growth. Any tips for those struggling?

• Consistency - posting on a regular basis. Subscribing to a youtube channel is no different than subscribing to a TV show. People need to see that you are posting content on a regular basis. That way you are giving them a reason to subscribe.

I'm doing my best to do 1 video per week.

• Make sure you have a good thumbnail and a catchy title - 50% of my traffic/views, come from Homepage & Suggested bar.

• Focus on content that people are searching for - around 30% of my views come from search. However, using the right keywords also influences the suggested videos.

• Try and get your viewers involved, basically create engagement - ask for their opinion, ask a question, etc... Comments => Engagement => More views.

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
  • Consistency - posting on a regular basis. Subscribing to a youtube channel is no different than subscribing to a TV show. People need to see that you are posting content on a regular basis. That way you are giving them a reason to subscribe.

I'm doing my best to do 1 video per week.

• Make sure you have a good thumbnail and a catchy title - 50% of my traffic/views, come from Homepage & Suggested bar.

• Focus on content that people are searching for - around 30% of my views come from search. However, using the right keywords also influences the suggested videos.

• Try and get your viewers involved, basically create engagement - ask for their opinion, ask a question, etc... Comments => Engagement => More views.

This is good advice.

I *think* I'm doing all of these, except focusing on content people are searching for. Occasionally I do vids like that, but generally I am just riding & doing stuff I want to do, which apparently very few people are searching for.

-John

Reactions: Skyd and BikeFather

Skyd

Wannabie Member
May 2, 2021
New Hampshire
I ride a
2020 RPS Hawk 250
This is good advice.

I *think* I'm doing all of these, except focusing on content people are searching for. Occasionally I do vids like that, but generally I am just riding & doing stuff I want to do, which apparently very few people are searching for.

-John
I agree, great advice. I'm trying to get to once a week but I'm more like once every 10-12 days right now. Part of my issue is I tend to wait till the planets are aligned to record. If anything seems unappealing to me I'm like, nah I'll wait. Which is just me being picky for no reason really.

I get a fair amount of views from searches, maybe 40% I'd have to go check my analytics again but I don't do enough "keyword" research for my videos. I'm gonna make what I want to make, but I could take an extra 10 minutes to make sure I'm optimizing my titles and stuff.....I know this stuff I do it for written content all the time. I need to get with the program, lol

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
I agree, great advice. I'm trying to get to once a week but I'm more like once every 10-12 days right now. Part of my issue is I tend to wait till the planets are aligned to record. If anything seems unappealing to me I'm like, nah I'll wait. Which is just me being picky for no reason really.

I get a fair amount of views from searches, maybe 40% I'd have to go check my analytics again but I don't do enough "keyword" research for my videos. I'm gonna make what I want to make, but I could take an extra 10 minutes to make sure I'm optimizing my titles and stuff.....I know this stuff I do it for written content all the time. I need to get with the program, lol
I do what I can for keyword research compared to the topics I'm discussing, and throw those into the tag area of the vid. When it comes to tailoring my topics for often-searched words, I'm bad about that... I just don't do it.

I have tried making videos about topics that are trending, but it usually comes out forced and I don't think the videos are that good.

-John

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts