The Actual Odds Of Motorcycling

Clint Love

It doesn't say CUNT, dammit!
Jun 17, 2015
Dallas, Texas
www.therealclintlove.com
I ride a
2007 Ducati 1098s
Some parts of the Texas have bans on texting and hands-on phone use, but not all. In the U.S. the Federal Government doesn't have the authority to ban the use of phones in cars. They can create regs that require all cars to have safety belts (Interstate Commerce Clause), but they can't make safety belts mandatory. That's up to individual states. Same thing applies. The Federal Government could possibly require all cars to be produced with hands-free features so that people have an option and the states themselves could require hands-free only in cars.

ToastRider

Geezer Ninja
Jul 18, 2015
I ride a
Kawasaki Concours 1000
Kawasaki 454 LTD
Sometimes the cops here will stand on the center dividers at intersections in hi-vis vests marked "POLICE" and look for people on their phones, then call them out to their buds down the street... even with the vests, phoners don't see them and they get caught :D

O8ride

O8
May 16, 2013
I ride a
Inbetween bikes
Any vehicle is only as safe/ dangerous as the person operating it.

Are motorbikes more likely to be involved in accidents? Maybe, due to smaller size, lesser road presence etc. However, equally the stats are artificially inflated by the number of people who drive like mugs and end up slicing themselves in 2 at 120mph on the M1.

Motorcycles, by their very nature, attract people who are ALREADY risk-takers and daredevils, who already have a pre-disposition to behave like twats. Then when they all get into serious high-speed accidents, this makes it appear that motorbikes are intrinsically more dangerous than they actually are.

I might not have written it that way, but there is some truth in this about bikers being more risk-takers and wanting to be outside the norm, seen as an individual.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts