Sony vegas QUICKTIME issue? Alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Footle83

Wannabie Member
Mar 30, 2012
Liphook, Hampshire
www.footlevision.weebly.com
I ride a
2011 Yamaha YZF R125 Blue/BLA 6/11 - 8/12
2007 Suzuki SV 650S Custom paint 10/12 - Present
1994 CB500 "The Medic" Woodland Camo (Custom) 12/12 - Present
I have looked for a fix for this but I can't seem to easily edit .MOV files in Vegas, I have to do a lot of Plugin things and changes to the program file. If anyone can either tell me how to make .mov files EDITABLE and not just compatible cos as it is I can't see the video on the trimmer. I have tried converting it but the quality is hugely depleted. If anyone can suggest another Bit of software for under £300 or so that can edit Drift .mov files that would be great or even better a fix.

Thanks

ElliotReidMD

Wannabie Member
Aug 6, 2011
Bucks, UK
I ride a
Kawasaki Versys
That's strange, when I did a fresh install of Windows 7 recently, then tried to edit some Drift HD footage before I installed Quicktime I got errors, but once I installed Quicktime and did a reboot Vegas and .mov files.

Have you tried reinstalling Vegas and Quicktime and then doing a reboot?

Footle83

Wannabie Member
Mar 30, 2012
Liphook, Hampshire
www.footlevision.weebly.com
I ride a
2011 Yamaha YZF R125 Blue/BLA 6/11 - 8/12
2007 Suzuki SV 650S Custom paint 10/12 - Present
1994 CB500 "The Medic" Woodland Camo (Custom) 12/12 - Present
Well it started when I tried to import the video into vegas. then the error window appeared with the link to apple quictime download. I downloaded and clicked ok then it came up again so I restarted the PC and reopened vegas normally and it didnt work, however it was compatible with the file just not on the trimmer when i Ran vegas as administrator. very odd, i just dont see how such an expensive bit of software isnt compatible with .mov. Strange

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk
Sometimes you will need to download an install an older version of Quicktime. I think Vegas Pro 10 may have fixed some of the capability issues...because it works for me...but I hear the newest iTunes will need the newest QT. With iTunes out of the equation... try uninstalling your QT...then find QT version 7.1 and install that. After installing, if it asks you to upgrade, do not accept to download the upgrade. After you get the older version of QT installed, reboot your computer and try Vegas again.

And I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the MOV capability, but installing K-lite codec packs may also be a solution. If not, I'm pretty sure installing the old version of QT will work.

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
ToastToGo said:
Sometimes you will need to download an install an older version of Quicktime. I think Vegas Pro 10 may have fixed some of the capability issues...because it works for me...but I hear the newest iTunes will need the newest QT. With iTunes out of the equation... try uninstalling your QT...then find QT version 7.1 and install that. After installing, if it asks you to upgrade, do not accept to download the upgrade. After you get the older version of QT installed, reboot your computer and try Vegas again.

And I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the MOV capability, but installing K-lite codec packs may also be a solution. If not, I'm pretty sure installing the old version of QT will work.

That's how I've had to deal with it in the past. Another option is to make sure you've got the latest possible version of Vegas. I've got Pro 11 and it worked great out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts