R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
SOLAR BEAR 2020

It is time for the SOLAR BEAR 2020 competition! First, some housekeeping.

PRIZES

@dandoolittle has very kindly offered some prizes for this awesome event:

1st Place - £25 Amazon voucher
2nd Place - £10 Amazon voucher
3rd Place - £5 Amazon voucher

RULES
  • Competition will run until midnight GMT on March 19, 2020
  • Videos should be no longer than 4 minutes and 20 seconds
  • Humor is optional but desired. Remember, we are here to entertain!
  • Videos should be on the topic/letter only. No extraneous information/topics.
  • Limit submission to one video per day.
  • You must be on your motorcycle/scooter for the video. Sorry but we have to keep our bikes prominent or else we are just vlogging. You can sit on it stationary but you must be on it while covering the topic. No voice overs old footage please.
  • Voting will be based on the reaction Emojis: 1pt - Angry, 2pt - Sad, 3pt - Like, 4pt - Love, 5pt - Wow 6 pt - LOL.
  • You assume all liability and risks in participating.

TOPICS
  • S Signs (or Street Art) and Shoutout. Find the weirdest sign or billboard near you. Get as safely close as possible with your bike and make a shoutout to Motovlog.com forum and the 2020 Solar Bear competition. Then skip around your bike singing a diddy with “solar bear” in it or at least just chant solar bear.
  • O Overtime. If most of your videos are recorded at night, then get out during the daylight! If most are daylight, then get out during the night! Find a bridge and ride over it. Park in a safe spot. Then skip around your bike singing a diddy with “solar bear” in it or at least just chant solar bear.
  • L Laugh. Ride to a public parking area where there are people present. Tell a joke to a passerby and see if they laugh. Only feature the one(s) that laugh. Since you will be putting yourself out there for this, no song and dance for the end but you are welcome to shuffle off to Buffalo!
  • A Anger. What is that one thing other riders do that really grinds your gears? Make a parody video where you demonstrate that behavior in a light-hearted manner. Then find a safe place to park. Then skip around your bike singing a diddy with “solar bear” in it or at least just chant solar bear.
  • R Recommendation. Food time folks. Ride to the most unique/exotic dining establishment near you. Order something that would make us proud on Instagram. Take a pic of the food and post it. Then tell us if you recommend the dish and why or why not. No dancing on this one since surely someone will end up waddling away at the end of their motovlog. If you are unable to ride, then sit on your bike and show us the takeout dish. Be sure to list the address in case others want to go there.

• B Bust a move. Remember the couple of topics above where you did not have to dance? Time to make up for that! Bust a move around your bike. Run out the 4:20 on this. Since copyright for the music may be an issue, please list what song the dancing is supposed to be to so we can play it while watching.
  • E Egg. Buy an uncooked egg. Place it where we can see it. Ride with the egg. Stop at 42 miles or kilometers, depending on your odometer. If the egg has made it, name it and place it in a safe spot. If it did not make it, bury it in a safe spot. Dance or skip one time around your bike in a manner appropriate for the mood around while chanting “solar bear”. If you are unable to ride for this one, no problem. Hard Boil the egg and decorate it for Solar Bear. Show us how creative you can be. Yes, you still have to skip or dance while singing or chanting around your bike.
  • A Assignment. Pick a small motovlogger (under 1.5K subs) of your choice (besides yourself). Do a “book report” on them and why others should check them out. Then
  • R Relaxation. Ride to the beach or as close to a beach as you can find near you (sandboxes will count). Done your warm weather shorts, kickback, and relax. Keep us entertained for the whole 4:20. Then skip around your bike singing a diddy with “solar bear” in it or at least just chant solar bear.

Scores will tabulated after the competition closes.

Good luck!

Oh, Hippo-Drones, Lupin, and Lone Wolfer all have 1 point.

Last edited by a moderator:

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I'll do what I can of them but currently have a feeling I've broken a bone in my hand from my last days riding the Beta. Will have to wing it and see how I get on
So many jokes...so many...

I hope it gets better but remember, as long as you are sitting on your bike, you can still play.

• Haha
Reactions: HRMV and HippoDrone

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Damn, some of them might be tricky or hard.
the 4:20 limit is with intro/outro etc? Does make it a bit easier for editing it, possibly.
9 letters, 19 days in March, might be doablen
Knipsel.JPG

Reactions: HRMV and R-Rated

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Damn, some of them might be tricky or hard.
the 4:20 limit is with intro/outro etc? Does make it a bit easier for editing it, possibly.
9 letters, 19 days in March, might be doablen View attachment 4720
Yes, with intro and outro and even deadspace some have for the end screens to pop up . The whole video should not be more than 4:20. That way everyone gets the same 4:20 if they want to use it all... :D

Of course, anyone is welcome to use less if they nail it in less time.

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Might have to give some of these a go. Being realistic it is unlikely I will get all of them done but will give it a go.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Not many of us in the northern hemisphere will get them all done, but we can have some fun joining in! :)

Reactions: HRMV and R-Rated

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
!st Post has been updated, please take a look at the inserted quote :)

• Wow
Reactions: R-Rated

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts