So You Want To Be A Motovlogger? (motonoob's Comprehensive Checklist For Success)

MotoNoob

Wannabie Member
Dec 27, 2016
Middletown, DE
motonoob.com
I ride a
2002 Honda Shadow VT750
Thanks for the feedback, guys...

You're definitely on to something in that your content has to be solid. However, there's nothing there I can really advise on more than what I did. I can't tell you how to have a better personality, tell better stories, or be more interesting. What I tried to focus on were the tangible things I could affect.

That being said, if your content is solid, all of the above will only enhance your work. It's true you can't polish a turd, but you can certainly polish a gem.

I'll also agree that content trumps SEO, but your video has to get noticed in the first place to go viral. That's where SEO helps. As for the 1 for 1 subscription... at this point, with less than 100 subs, I don't really care if folks aren't going to be return viewers. I'm a vain attention whore -- that's a reason why I motovlog. I'm hoping that YouTube's search algorithm is going to start pulling my videos more frequently with the higher sub count.

I may be wrong but, when it comes to subs, more is always better.

Reactions: ShiftHer

MotoNoob

Wannabie Member
Dec 27, 2016
Middletown, DE
motonoob.com
I ride a
2002 Honda Shadow VT750
People want stuff for themselves...not meaning this in a bad way, but we are all selfish individuals looking out for our needs most of the time. You post videos that help people, answer questions or appeal to their life then you will get more views.

This is a great point... People are going to watch blogs if they're 1) loyal/rabid followers, or 2) bored with 10 minutes to kill. But, when they need to change their oil, or buy something for their bike, they're going to go searching for that content because they personally invested in it.

What you say totally makes sense. So, in terms of cultivating views and followers, it might help to have a playlist dedicated to Maintenance, Mods, and Equipment Reviews.

Reactions: scooterwuf

DorkyRoad

Riding Nerdy
Feb 13, 2017
Oregon
I ride a
Honda CB500F
Honda CRF250L
Thanks for the guide, man. A ton of good stuff to think about that hadn't occurred to me. I've added a lot of your suggestions to my stuff as I've produced it.

Reactions: scooterwuf

MotoNonyms

Wannabie Member
Feb 24, 2017
Sudbury
I ride a
1998 Kawi zx7r
Hey Moto Noob,

great info . i am new to motovlogging and have watched sub. D, Z, and bxd, i will no where near get to that as of yet but love watching them.

great piece and thx for taking the time to do this for us ( new motovloggers)

sonicsix

Wannabie Member
Feb 24, 2017
Alabama
I ride a
2016 Honda NM4
These are great suggestions and I know I will be studying them and using them. The branding suggestion is one I was lacking on. I will be working on that.

NkdJbird

Wannabie Member
Mar 7, 2017
I ride a
Fz-07
Wow great post, really helps aspiring motovloggers like myself. Branding is huge in all this! Going to check out the channel!

Stank

Stanksbeamen
Apr 2, 2017
USA
I ride a
2017 BMW S1000R
2008 HD Nightster (Sold)
Great information, thanks! I haven't started yet but would like to. All this has definitely opened up my eyes as to what it takes, thanks again.

Brapbarian

Wannabie Member
Feb 9, 2017
Springfield, MO
I ride a
2017 Yamaha WR250R
Well put together and thought out..where were you when I decided to get into this!!!

I sub'd looking forward to bouncing ideas off other motovloggers

RoBiker

Wannabie Member
Jun 2, 2017
I ride a
Yamaha FZ1 Fazer 2007
Some really helpful info here for us starters. Thank you!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts