So we will be changing to a better system - So you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
I think most people know that some subtle changes are happening to the site. I've made it quite clear that PHPbb isn't really up to scratch and I really cannot be bothered with coding etc

So, if you owned this forums what features would you include and why?

Some things that will be happening

1; Have better integration with social networks, one click sign ups etc (don't panic mods)
2: Better search functions
3: Have 'thanks' under each thread - Bring the site into 2014
4: Have competitions/giveaways with other companies (I can't say too much but watch this space) I've already spoken to cam-companies. And no, we won't be having banners all over the place.
5: Have a far greater 'worldwide' audience
6: Blog/News/Reviews section - Only long term members will have this function. Lets just say, you do a good post/review then you could get picked for product reviews in the future

Your thoughts?

janx101

Thinking is optional !
Sep 4, 2013
Illawarra Region, NSW, Australia
I ride a
Suzuki GS500F
I'm just a junior member .. But it all sounds good eh!

I still want a Tony stark style interface though! :D

Most people might need to see the xeno software running and acclimatise to it before making suggestions?

XXX526

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Missouri
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
seomers said:
...3: Have 'thanks' under each thread - Bring the site into 2014 ...

I'm on a couple other forums that have implemented this. It's senseless, as people are "thanking" each other just to run up count and clutter in amusement.

Whatever you choose to do - please don't limit certain features/functions to an application like Facebook or Twitter. Nothing is more irritating or bullshitnificant than not being allowed to partake in an activity just because you are not on Facebook or whatever.

Shirou

京平
Sep 20, 2013
Argentina
I ride a
Honda XR250 Tornado
Ninja EX250J
I agree with this, thanks, karma or other system like that is pointless and only leads to problems between members.
Even post count is sometimes conflictive.

I don't care about social network integration since I don't use them or keep my vlogger profile separated from my real profile.
Since I'm forced to g+, g+ integration I think would be ok to have since we all already have g+ accounts.

MrFalloffalot

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2013
Alpha Centuri
I ride a
1983 Kwacka z750 'Scrapheap', +16 more 'Toys'...
Im happy as Pie. I just LOVED the 'Current topics/posts' bit, that used to be at the top. (LOT less clicking thru headings/etc)
Also, as long as i can edit after posting/threading. (Im ALLWAYS changing my grammer/content) lol

Just my thoughts on the Promo/Product reveiw thingy, Id make it as RANDOM as u can. Even though subs/veiws/etc can give a person 'apparrent' status/followers, their are still some people out their that, in my opinion, are TOTAL DICKS and DO NOT REPRESENT the biker style/life i think is accepted by the 'others' on the road. Some are just a public nuisence!!
As a competition/promo/reveiw, its a HUGE responsibility to 'Represent' not only YOUR site, but also whatever 'International' Million/Billion dollar companies, that YOU have ensured a good exposure to their product and the Companies values/public 'Image' they want to keep.
So if its random, then its not just based on the person that can get the most veiws/subs, from a video that 'may only' have merrit from a title that got the veiws/subs??
Just my thoughts on that topic, possibilities of 'Worst-case' scenario etc.

Cheers, keep up the Great work.
> : )

Riding Joburg

Wannabie Member
Nov 22, 2013
Johannesburg
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
I would love to be able to browse using some sort of phone app like Tapatalk or the MO app. On Tapatalk, I keep getting errors when trying to browse.

Slipperymongoose

Wannabie Member
Oct 17, 2012
I ride a
BMW F800R
Sounds good. Maybe include codes for video sharing off other sites as well like vemo etc. and simplify the embedding if that possible. In tappatalk I can embed no worries but never been able to on my mobile browser or my pc.

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
Slipperymongoose said:
Sounds good. Maybe include codes for video sharing off other sites as well like vemo etc. and simplify the embedding if that possible. In tappatalk I can embed no worries but never been able to on my mobile browser or my pc.

Tapatalk will be coming back.

The only reason that Tapatalk and the recent comments were binned (for now) was due to them sending out weird 'signals' to third party websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts