So Glad I bought the 7 and not the 8!

Teh Purp

Friendly Neighbourhood Idiot
Aug 9, 2020
SCOTLAND!
I ride a
SFV650, NC700x, anything im given
Coincidentally, the other day I cracked the lens on my DJI Osmo Action ($10 Replacement from Amazon).
that was part of the reason i went for the osmo too,

busting a lense sucks, BUT busting a lense then having to send your camera back to the manufacturer cos they decided to try n skim an extra few bucks on "gopro as a service" kinda buisness model...... atleast you didnt have to do that!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
I really love the 8 and only ever had issues with the 7. I like that you can swap batteries on the 8 without having to unmount it too.... the lens is an issue though.

Reactions: motosera

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
I really love the 8 and only ever had issues with the 7. I like that you can swap batteries on the 8 without having to unmount it too.... the lens is an issue though.
Oh that is such a huge pain the in a$$! I get waterproofing and all that but who ever decided to put the SD card in the battery compartment where the whole camera needs to be taken out of the mounting housing to access should win the Bellend of the year award!

• Haha
Reactions: HippoDrone

Teh Purp

Friendly Neighbourhood Idiot
Aug 9, 2020
SCOTLAND!
I ride a
SFV650, NC700x, anything im given
Oh that is such a huge pain the in a$$! I get waterproofing and all that but who ever decided to put the SD card in the battery compartment where the whole camera needs to be taken out of the mounting housing to access should win the Bellend of the year award!
I can see why they do this, but it's possible to have a waterproof USB c, so not sure why they don't just do that in a separate door, that allows for charging, mics, well USB c things.

Then again, this is a problem for pretty much all cameras as far as I know. The osmo action has the c port and the memo port in the same door...

Reactions: HippoDrone

ADX

Wannabie Member
Aug 21, 2020
New Jersey
I ride a
Honda CBR600 F4i
Im about to do an unboxing for the gopro 8 but i also bought that media 8. I am currently using the gopro 7 but i really dont want to use that external adapter. So im stuck to see which one ima use for POV.

Reactions: LandyVlad
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CVentures Camera Setups 7

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Latest posts