Sena 20s Speakers Any Good?

RagingR6

Angry R6 Rider
May 5, 2016
Southern California
I ride a
2002 Yamaha YZF-R6
I've heard a few mixed reviews of the sound quality of the speakers with the Sena 20S. I'm looking to get it this weekend and want to know if the speakers will be good enough to enjoy music while riding or if I need to get some earbuds to plug into it.

So if anyone of you have the 20s would you mind letting me know what you think?

I did try searching "Sena 20s" on here and didn't find anything like this in the first 5 pages of looking lol. Sorry if this has been asked/answered before!

SevenCube

KTM RC390 + ATGATT
Dec 28, 2015
I ride a
2015 KTM RC 390, 2011 Yamaha FZ-S
I've heard a few mixed reviews of the sound quality of the speakers with the Sena 20S. I'm looking to get it this weekend and want to know if the speakers will be good enough to enjoy music while riding or if I need to get some earbuds to plug into it.

So if anyone of you have the 20s would you mind letting me know what you think?

I did try searching "Sena 20s" on here and didn't find anything like this in the first 5 pages of looking lol. Sorry if this has been asked/answered before!

I listen to music as I ride to work everyday. I've found the speaker quality quite good. With earplugs though, it does muffle it a little bit. That's expected however. I don't think you'll find any helmet speaker which can penetrate earplugs. If it can, the earplugs aren't good.

Go with the 20S. I've been quite happy with it so far. Audio mic is good, the speaker quality is quite clear. And it's easy to control while riding.

RagingR6

Angry R6 Rider
May 5, 2016
Southern California
I ride a
2002 Yamaha YZF-R6
Well I don't wear ear plugs, my hearing is already ruined from previous jobs and being a drummer haha. So if you think its good with ear plugs in then they should be great for me without them haha.

SevenCube

KTM RC390 + ATGATT
Dec 28, 2015
I ride a
Well I don't wear ear plugs, my hearing is already ruined from previous jobs and being a drummer haha. So if you think its good with ear plugs in then they should be great for me without them haha.

Lol. Don't want to lose what you have left though. :p

I think it's worth it. From one musician to another, the sound is good. It's not Bose, but it's good.

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
If you can put up with the lack of bass there about as best you can get.

As for protecting your hearing. You don't want to end up with Axle Rose syndrome. This is where you go deaf and get replaced by axle rose. Trust me nobody wants that.

SalvageSV

Hopes he doesn't crash this month
Feb 18, 2016
Birmingham, AL
I ride a
Salvaged SV1000S
The 20s has the best speakers if the bunch from what I know. Larger drivers and more range. They sound good but the system us a little quiet for my bike/helmet combo.

Reactions: RagingR6

SevenCube

KTM RC390 + ATGATT
Dec 28, 2015
I ride a
If you can put up with the lack of bass there about as best you can get.

As for protecting your hearing. You don't want to end up with Axle Rose syndrome. This is where you go deaf and get replaced by axle rose. Trust me nobody wants that.

Lol. :D

MotoChaos

Tacos!
Dec 7, 2015
California
I ride a
CBR500R and CBR650F
20S speakers are good, use them! I feel an in-ear option has better quality (no wind). If you're interested at all in saving your hearing (and it doesn't) give plugfones a try dude. They're awesome and plug into your 20S.

Reactions: RagingR6

SevenCube

KTM RC390 + ATGATT
Dec 28, 2015
I ride a
20S speakers are good, use them! I feel an in-ear option has better quality (no wind). If you're interested at all in saving your hearing (and it doesn't) give plugfones a try dude. They're awesome and plug into your 20S.

This looks pretty darn cool! :D Have you used it?

MiGlyRides

Geordie-Aussie
Jan 5, 2016
Gold Coast, Queensland
I ride a
Honda CBR 500 RA & Honda MSX 125 (GROM)
The speakers are really good, no bass but that's to be expected, however the quality you get depends a lot on what helmet you've got, my first helmet I would have everything on full volume on the motorway and barely hear the music, with my new helmet I have it on 50-60% and can hear it clearly.

SevenCube

KTM RC390 + ATGATT
Dec 28, 2015
I ride a
Yes I use them every time I ride. They are great! I'm not so sure it is legal to wear them here in California but I don't care.

I'll try getting my hands on it. :D Do you use the bluetooth accessory?

DFG

Dat Foreign Guy
Dec 26, 2016
North Carolina
I ride a
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa
I went with the Sena SMH10R, mainly because the control unit is much smaller. Speakers should be the same. Cause I've listened music on the S20 and the 10R and it sounds the same to me.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts