Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
It is why I generally holiday alone. My best mate is trying to get me to go on a cruise..... I'd love it by myself, but think it would do my tits in with him and his misses!

Reactions: CafeBrakes

Desmo

Desmodromico
Dec 29, 2019
Belgium
www.youtube.com
I ride a
MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 & Ducati 999
I used to ride in groups 10 to 20 bikes and solo, liked the group rides but as years passed by the kind of people riding changed and it was more like a competition and became more dangerous and aggressive so I stopped riding in these groups. With people you know and who take care of each other it can still be fun.
I for sure don't prefer riding solo I rather take someone with me as a passenger, this way you're not that alone and share the experience.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Riding with trusted mates can be fun, but even then it is very easy to get egged on to go faster and faster. It is why I love trackdays, can ride as fast as I am able in relative safety and no police to worry about or potholes. I ride dirt too and there you are wise to go with others incase something happens, but in the UK it is generally along routes with dog walkers, horse riders and ramblers so we have to keep our pace sensible.
I have quite a quick road bike, but I seldom ride on the road in a way that would raise an eyebrow of PC Plod! :)

Reactions: YBGuy and HRMV

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Depending where I'm riding to, usually just one other buddy, and that's mostly for assurance in case something happens we got each other covered. Generally dislike group riding, if have to no larger than five.. Except during the mega convoy for MotoGP the only exception.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I ride alone most of the time presently, many of my riding friends are married with kids and don't have much time to ride anymore, let alone go out for long rides. My brother and a few buds of mine are usually who I'm riding with if I'm in a group.

Though today with the pandemic and such going on, solo riding is the only riding I'm doing, if any at all.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
In this time of our Pandemic it's now a challenge. I like riding with my wife, but haven't been able to do so, especially just for the pleasure as now, with our State in Lock-down mode, we could get fined or arrested.

I've done a few small group rides, but nothing big. In a few of the group ride YT videos I've seen there are a lot of dangerous riders. That makes me hesitant to join one if it were to come up.

- Wolf

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
In this time of our Pandemic it's now a challenge. I like riding with my wife, but haven't been able to do so, especially just for the pleasure as now, with our State in Lock-down mode, we could get fined or arrested.

I've done a few small group rides, but nothing big. In a few of the group ride YT videos I've seen there are a lot of dangerous riders. That makes me hesitant to join one if it were to come up.

- Wolf

Unfortunately there seems to be this culture of trying to better each other when ever big groups are congregated.

Reactions: scooterwuf

inimasais

Wannabie Member
Apr 9, 2020
I ride a
Honda Crf250X
to be honest, i prefer solo ride, i don't know, sometimes i need to take a picture and rest for a while for enjoying views, in my case when i ride in group, they just going fast and racing sometimes, and i typical "enjoying the views" person haha:p. that's why i choose solo riding.

cheers

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
to be honest, i prefer solo ride, i don't know, sometimes i need to take a picture and rest for a while for enjoying views, in my case when i ride in group, they just going fast and racing sometimes, and i typical "enjoying the views" person haha:p. that's why i choose solo riding.

cheers
Yeah can be a bit problematic asking to stop for photos for the gram or to discuss a place for the tube.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R

cheers

Find 1 or 2 other likeminded and enjoy a sight and view ride ;)

I can enjoy both solo, sight&viewgroups and faster group rides, depending on the mindset at the moment xD

inimasais

Wannabie Member
Apr 9, 2020
I ride a
Honda Crf250X
Find 1 or 2 other likeminded and enjoy a sight and view ride ;)

I can enjoy both solo, sight&viewgroups and faster group rides, depending on the mindset at the moment xD
agree!!! hahaha, been a while not put my legs back on bike, kinda missing for a ride due to covid 19o_O

Reactions: Meifesto

humes

Colorado Motovlogger
May 17, 2020
Denver, CO
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2012 Ducati Monster 696
I committed myself to 6+ months on the bike as a new rider before I did any group rides or went for a 2 up ride (they say month 1-6 is where many crashes happen, from what I recall, because you feel more confident than month 1 but are less skilled than you think due to newbie gains).

I'm almost at the 8 month mark now (although winter is light riding in Colorado generally), and up to 2,800 total miles ridden. I feel pretty good on the bike generally, and love seeing other riders on the road that I can tail behind and sort of have a pseudo group ride with for a moment. I've also gotten a bit throttle happy alongside ambitious riders, so have had to check myself there.

As it relates to motovlogging, tend to like the solo for reasons above (your own pace, stop when you need, focus on your topic or such). Yet I'd love to have an episode series that is all about group riding, group comms, etc. Some of my favorite engaging motovlogging content is two people (a couple, two buddies, etc.) riding together with active comms. It would also be nice to get some additional angles (of me, and them) in a motovlog, too.

STR-Rider

Triple Rider
Aug 20, 2015
Tokyo, Japan
triple-rider.com
I ride a
Street Triple RS (2018)
Done some small group rides and what I've found is that I prefer mostly solo riding. I don't mind paring up with 1 or 2 other people for a mini-group ride, but I prefer those people to be at the same skill level as I am. That means, you can maintain your speed, negotiate traffic (filtering, etc.) and generally keep up with the group. I don't mind going out with new people to show them the ropes and popular roads, but after a few hours, I just want to let the throttle open up. (I'm not a speed demon, but I keep up with above-average riders. :cool:

I've done a a couple dual-motovlogs; those were fun but need more practice and better planning to make those come out to be more appealing.

Madlad

Absolute Madlad
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I ride a
2014 Yamaha R6
I prefer alone as well, riding is just super therapeutic for me. Also the riders I know can't stagger properly and it drives up the got' damn wall LOL

Reactions: HippoDrone

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I ride alone 90% of the time. I do have friends that when they ask for a ride I will always say yes.

I do find it a little weird though your here in this little world of your own and you want to do it with other people.
I think when I travel with other people I mainly do it for the conversation during the trip.

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
If you solo, you can easily explore new roads or paths. Also fine if you riding with a good friend, but a bit difficult in a group to suggest trying a new road.

Pooley

Wannabe tractor enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
Surprised I haven't commented on this controversial topic.

I actually did a group ride video, it didn't get many views, and all is well as I didn't really enjoy it at all. Either solo or with one other for a nice co-op ride with bants :cool:

I also agree with Hippo, in that riding in a small group of mates can influence unsafe riding i.e giving it the beans lol

Fool Moon

Wannabie Member
Jun 25, 2020
Northridge, California
I ride a
2014 Triumph Thunderbird LT
We ride 2-up by ourselves. Despite living in LA, we don't have local riding friends, that ride regularly or aren't in a RC. The few times i have rode in a group, i don't like the waiting around and starting at 10:00. Us two can gear-up and get 100 miles in before breakfast.

Reactions: YBGuy

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts