recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
If you dont stop recording between vlogs (I wont be, as I will be using it as a safety thing too, if someone pulls out on me I have the proof on camera)... Oh, btw I orderd the drift last night too so not using the phone anymore :D

Anyway, do you usually keep it rolling? And if you do how do you remember where you vlogged? Do you have to go through hours of footage when you get home to fins all the things you have said? Or has anyone found an easier way of doing it?

Thanks, Alex

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
Ask yourself the question, how long do I go on hour after hour rides?

Probably not very often without stopping. Your battery isnt going to last forever and neither is the storage space on your card.

In answer to your question, you can skip through hours of footage and look for bits you remember where you know you were talking. Then just cut those bits out.

But I really doubt you're going to be filming for hours without stopping the camera.

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
true, but I read the manual of the drift and it says it will record for just over an hour, my SD card will store about an hours worth, and the "fun" way into work can be a half an hour ride if traffic is heavy. So an hour all together. Not sure if I have a good enough memory to remember where I was talking, especially if I take the same rout each time lol.

ElliotReidMD

Wannabie Member
Aug 6, 2011
Bucks, UK
I ride a
Kawasaki Versys
I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio to edit (but I expect most video editing software will show similar) and I just look for where the sound is more active with me talking. General riding along generates a constant, low, height on the peaks and recorded voice is up and down.

timeline.jpg

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
Aaah, I am using videopad and it does the same. I had not thought of that, its a very good tip, thank you! Hopefully the adobe software does the same as I will be updating to that soonish (when I get round to installing it)

senthx

Wannabie Member
Jan 8, 2012
Bedfordshire
I ride a
BMW 650 Sertao, Honda XR 250, Suzuki VanVan
I film all the time I'm on my bike, I have a long life battery, on the whole I don't ride more than about 150 mile trips one way this time of year.

Will need a few long life batteries and more memory cards, or a charging solution, when I go to France in June.

I don't upload most of what I film, I delete most of it.

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
senthx said:
I film all the time I'm on my bike, I have a long life battery, on the whole I don't ride more than about 150 mile trips one way this time of year.

Will need a few long life batteries and more memory cards, or a charging solution, when I go to France in June.

I don't upload most of what I film, I delete most of it.
I checked with drift via their facebook page, and you can record with the drift plugged in, and you can also buy a cigarette charger thing that goes in the cig lighter. So my plan is when I take my 400 odd mile round trip, to get a waterproof 12v cigerete lighter thing put on the bike (I want one anyway to charge my phone etc for satnav/music etc) and just plug it in and record. I may need a few large SD's though. And I may need to mount the cam on the bike to be near the charger

Alex

senthx

Wannabie Member
Jan 8, 2012
Bedfordshire
I ride a
BMW 650 Sertao, Honda XR 250, Suzuki VanVan
I don't do gubbins, don't understand it, and I don't trust the eletrickery fairy :(

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
Haha, fair enough.
Something I have found with a microphone constantly on next to my mouth... I talk to myself one hell of a lot whilst riding! Whether it be thinking out loud, telling people to stay at a junction inside my helmet, or just singing to myself! I think I will try and just stop and start it via the remote when doing a vlog, so it is split into different clips so I can easily see where I am vlogging and where I am just rambling (which is sometimes the same thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts