Recording your phone screen

Ziborlun

Wannabie Member
Jun 21, 2021
I ride a
Moto Guzzi V85 TT
Hi, I want to record what's happening on my phone screen, for inclusion in a video. I have an android phone (std android 9) and it looks like the only option is to download an app.

Does anyone else do this, and if so, can you recommend any of the multitude of apps in the play store? Failing that I'll just pick the smallest one (old phone, not much space ;-)

Cheers!

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
You should be able to find a Screen Record option in the swipe down menu (swiping right sometime reveals more options in that menu). If it isn't present you may need to look in your settings for the menu and make sue that option is selected. Once you find it or make it available, you simple tap the button and a countdown starts that I thin is 3 seconds, then it will continue recording until you stop it. If you are an iPhone user, this same function is available.

I use this method quite a bit with youtube. However some apps that you try to record off of will leave you with a black screen in the recording such as HBOMax as they do not want you recording their content.

Ziborlun

Wannabie Member
Jun 21, 2021
I ride a
Moto Guzzi V85 TT
You should be able to find a Screen Record option in the swipe down menu (swiping right
Hi, thanks yes I should have said I had already investigated that, and it's not available on my phone unfortunately. I just want to record what's happening in an app. I guess I'll just have to try some of the recorder apps and hope they're not dodgy...!

Cheers.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I skipped Android 9, so I don't know. 10 definitely has the screen recording built in, and it works well. It can even record sound. One of the videos I did at the end of the summer, and will be published in January or February, actually will have my phone screen combined with the video.
What are you trying to achieve though? Is it important that it is done on an actual phone, or maybe you can just launch a virtual machine on your pc and record that?

Reactions: Ziborlun

Ziborlun

Wannabie Member
Jun 21, 2021
I ride a
Moto Guzzi V85 TT
I wanted to record the monimoto app for an upcoming review [1]. If I had another camera I could just film the phone itself I guess. However I *only* have my cr@ppy phone so gotta just work with what I've got.

Cheers.

[1] Well I say 'review' - but I tend to go my own way with these things. Already thinking I'll have to show a 'parental advisory' for part of what I've filmed so far. My attempts at dry/sarcastic humour, mild innuendo and alternative viewpoints don't have a large audience, but some people find them amusing so I carry on ;-)

Reactions: Theodor

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I wanted to record the monimoto app for an upcoming review [1]. If I had another camera I could just film the phone itself I guess. However I *only* have my cr@ppy phone so gotta just work with what I've got.

Cheers.

[1] Well I say 'review' - but I tend to go my own way with these things. Already thinking I'll have to show a 'parental advisory' for part of what I've filmed so far. My attempts at dry/sarcastic humour, mild innuendo and alternative viewpoints don't have a large audience, but some people find them amusing so I carry on ;-)
Do you have a family member or a friend that would allow you to record using their phone or possibly a camera? When i first started I borrowed a Gopro Hero 2 from my roommate and recorded my first ever footage for motovlogging.

Reactions: Ziborlun

Ziborlun

Wannabie Member
Jun 21, 2021
I ride a
Moto Guzzi V85 TT
Well I made it work in the end. I used "Screen recorder and video recorder - XRecorder" - went for the one with a high rating and most downloads. Seems to work ok, adverts are not intrusive.
I also remembered I have an old tablet,so managed to persuade that to record some video too. Terrible audio mind you - hey ho! If I ever hit the magic monetization limit I will celebrate with a proper camera and mic :cool:

Reactions: LoneWolfer
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SweetTripl Camera Setups 27