Recommend a Mic for the Drift HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
So after a lot of research and recommendations from several people here I went ahead and ordered a Drift HD. It should be here tomorrow. I also ordered a GoPro mount so I can use all the existing mounting points on my bike. The only thing I don't have is a microphone.

Can any of you recommend a good microphone to use with the Drift HD? It used a 2.5mm jack. Most microphones I've found use a 3.5mm jack. I guess I could get an adapter but I would prefer not to have a weak link like that. Who makes a good 2.5mm mic?

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Currently: 2004 CB 919 - Previous rides - Honda Hornet 600 aka CB599 - Previous: 1999 Honda VTR 250: Previous Honda f4i - Previous: CBR 929 Previous: DRZ400sm: Previous 2006 gsxr 600: Previous 1989 Honda Spada VT250
any mic should me fine, just get some extra wind pads that go over the mic. that cuts the wind down

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Haven't Drift stated that their own mic is the best, (yes I know they would already say this) but haven't they tested most with there device and proved it through quality readings and views??

I'd get the Original Drift Mic.

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk
AZZ3R said:
Haven't Drift stated that their own mic is the best, (yes I know they would already say this) but haven't they tested most with there device and proved it through quality readings and views??

For some reason, the 2.5 mm mic from Drift isn't available for purchase yet.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
ToastToGo said:
AZZ3R said:

Wasn't the first Drift a 2.5mm jack? is there a jack converter on the market across the pond? so from a standard 3mm to a 2.5?

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
AZZ3R said:
ToastToGo said:
AZZ3R said:

Wasn't the first Drift a 2.5mm jack? is there a jack converter on the market across the pond? so from a standard 3mm to a 2.5?

Looks to me like the original Drift had some sort of proprietary connector for the mic. There are adapters but I would prefer not to use one because it would be a weak link. It might cause static or other problems. If I have no other alternative I guess I'll get an adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts