Rear Camera Angle View help

MidwestATV

Wannabie Member
Feb 13, 2018
I ride a
Polaris Scrambler, Polaris RZR, Honda400ex
Hey everyone,

First off, I just discovered this site and am glad I stumbled upon it. Hopefully you guys will still except me though as I'm riding ATV's, not motorcycles (anymore)!

Anyway, my question is this: I saw a motovlog somewhat recently where the guy had a camera angle from behind. It almost looked like he had a pole coming out of a backpack and extending behind him so the angle caught the back of his head and area around hit. It was a really cool angle to flip too but I can't figure out e

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
You seem to be missing the end of your post. So I don't know exactly, what is the bit you can't figure out.
By the description, I'm guessing he has mounted the camera on passengers backrest or a topcase. Or maybe used a selfie stick like monopod, attached to bikes frame somehow. But I think the latter could be a bit wobbly.

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Aye, he could have it mounted on a pole attached to the atv or like you suggested in a backpack. I'd not want a pole in a backpack incase I fell off

MidwestATV

Wannabie Member
Feb 13, 2018
I ride a
Weird, not sure what happened to the end of the post there. Thanks for the input. I agree the idea of putting it in a backpack seems sketchy at best. Not to mention uncomfortable.

Attaching a pole to the back of the ATV is not a bad idea, I will have to look into that. It probably wouldn't be too hard to design something that I can vary the size on and snap on and off the back of the machine relatively easy.

Loving the site, lots of good information here, wish I would have found it sooner!

Reactions: HippoDrone

Undead MV

If there is light, there shall be dark
Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
Weird, not sure what happened to the end of the post there. Thanks for the input. I agree the idea of putting it in a backpack seems sketchy at best. Not to mention uncomfortable.

Attaching a pole to the back of the ATV is not a bad idea, I will have to look into that. It probably wouldn't be too hard to design something that I can vary the size on and snap on and off the back of the machine relatively easy.

Loving the site, lots of good information here, wish I would have found it sooner!
I know exactly how you feel about this site, is completely awesome, taking part on this topic, another possiblility is that someone was behind him and was recording the ride with the camera mounted at the top of the helmet

Reactions: MidwestATV

MidwestATV

Wannabie Member
Feb 13, 2018
I ride a
Not from another bike but co-pilot

Good point, but from watching the video I could tell he was the only one on the bike. I think I am going to look into rigging up a collapsible pole somehow that I can quickly extend and mount an action cam to for a way to randomly mix the shot up.

Thanks for the input.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated Camera Setups 18

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts