Status
Not open for further replies.

Raindown93

Wannabie Member
Oct 19, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha WR 125 X
Hi guys!

I really am loving watching peoples Moto Vlogs at the moment, And it has really inspired me to start my own!
So i have made a YouTube channel where i plan to uploads my videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Raindown93

Its a brand new channel, So i don't really have any content up at the moment, But a sub would be Much appreciated! :D

The first place for me to start is to get a camera of some sort, So if anyone knows a good reliable and well priced camera, Please let me know, Fitting to helmet would also be preferred.

I'm doing my modules in the next few months, And plan on getting a XJ6N when i pass them :D
But for the time being i'm on a provisional licence, Riding a WR125X, Which is a very nice 125 in my opinion :D

So hopefully when i start getting some videos out, Meet ups and things will be epic! :D

Thanks for reading this introduction :) Hopefully much better things will be coming soon!

Thanks,

Rain

MisterX

Wannabie Member
Aug 15, 2011
www.TopEnd.tv
I ride a
2008 Kawasaki Z1000 & 2003 Triumph Speedmaster
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your motovlogging adventure!

Subbed.

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
Hi and welcome! :)

Cool bike dude, that's a great machine!

Well if you're looking for a reasonably priced camera then the Sony Bloggie HD is used by quite a few folk on here (including me). It's only £50 brand new on eBay and the quality is good for the price IMHO. The Drift HD170 is a very good camera but it's well over £200 by the time you buy the accessories you need like the external mic and silicone cover etc. If you're willing to pay that then go for it! I might consider getting one when the new smaller Drift HD comes out, and the HD170 drops in price.

With the Bloggie you may have to disassemble part of the chinbar on your helmet to get it to fit without being pressed into your face. Last week I made a video with the Bloggie, I still need to sort the sound out (I think the microphone was rubbing on the chinbar) but you can check it out on my channel :)

Raindown93

Wannabie Member
Oct 19, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha WR 125 X
Ah sweet buddy :D And thanks :)

I Will have a look at the Sony Bloggie then :D, I might try out the go pro as well, Mainly because of its popularity and the clean fitting to a helmet, But we shall see :D As there isn't really much room in front of my chin on my helmet as it is, and i'm not to keen on disassembling it

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Raindown93 said:

I Will have a look at the Sony Bloggie then :D, I might try out the go pro as well, Mainly because of its popularity and the clean fitting to a helmet, But we shall see :D As there isn't really much room in front of my chin on my helmet as it is, and i'm not to keen on disassembling it

I like the Go Pro HD the picture is great, though I think you would need a voice recorder to go with it if you want to give a commentary.

On the Bloggie, I don't know if you need to take the chinbar apart on all helmets, wait till LifeInDecibel / C90FTW etc. come along, they use the Bloggie too and I'm not sure how they fitted it in their helmets.

Raindown93

Wannabie Member
Oct 19, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha WR 125 X
Ahh okay ,
I will wait to see what they say and what their experience is like with the bloggie then :D
And yeah the GoPro video is really nice i agree, Not sure about the sound recording features it has with it though :/

And hello Friz :D Love your videos man! :D Im from bristol :)

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
Raindown93 said:
And hello Friz :D Love your videos man! :D Im from bristol :)

Thanks :) Let me know when you've got that XJ6, we'll meet up.

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
Hello! Xj6 its an awesome bike. I've got the XJ6s myself. Will keep an eye out for your channel!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Raindown93

Wannabie Member
Oct 19, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha WR 125 X
All right Friz i will do mate, Would be sweet to meet some of you V-loggers in person! :D

And bloke, Yeah it does look really nice! :D, Although i'm a bit worried that it wont suit me, as i am a tall guy, and the bike seems pretty small. But before i buy one i will make sure its right for me.

c90ftw

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
06 ZX-6R (636)
gpzDave said:
Raindown93 said:
As there isn't really much room in front of my chin on my helmet as it is, and i'm not to keen on disassembling it

On the Bloggie, I don't know if you need to take the chinbar apart on all helmets, wait till LifeInDecibel / C90FTW etc. come along, they use the Bloggie too and I'm not sure how they fitted it in their helmets.

Welcome!

I didn't have to remove any parts of my helmet at all. I actually added a helmet skirt to my Scorpion EXO400 just as a safety margin so that if the velcro i put on the camera fails, the skirt will catch the base of the bloggie.

I think i showed that in a video.. let me look

ya here it is at like 5 mins and a few seconds [CLICK HERE TO SKIP TO IT]:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSC30DSIUGY[/youtube]

Raindown93

Wannabie Member
Oct 19, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha WR 125 X
Ahhh thanks very much mate, That helps a alot!

One quick question, Which i have searched for on the net but i couldnt find much on it,
With the Bloggie being that close to your mouth (With me it will be almost touching), Could the condensation from your breathing damage the camera in anyway?

Thanks, Greatly appreciated!

Rain

c90ftw

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
06 ZX-6R (636)
I've never noticed a build up on the camera before. Believe me, if I am so much as thinking of food, I'd get pretty hot-n-heavy in my helmet and I have yet to see it effect the camera. I highly doubt the camera would be damaged from this because it seems fairly well built. I have left it in the bathroom before sitting on the counter since I had it in my pocket, and the steam from a nice warm shower didn't seep into the lens or screen at all. I wouldn't recommend this type of testing, but it help up just fine :)

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
I put a bit of clear tape over the buttons (where my panting is most focused ;) ), that's probably me just being paranoid... I don't think there's anything to worry about, they're pretty well sealed nowadays.

LifeInDecibel

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda VFR
gpzDave said:
Raindown93 said:

I like the Go Pro HD the picture is great, though I think you would need a voice recorder to go with it if you want to give a commentary.

I didn't have to take anything out of my helmet for the bloggie. My helmet came with a nose guard rubber thing that I took out long before I got the bloggie, but that's because it's uncomfortable. The bloggie just fits right. Just a little velcro and BAM time to vlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts