jetjackson

Wannabie Member
Feb 17, 2012
Europe atm
www.thegreatgallivant.com
I ride a
F650 GS Twin '08
Hi Guys,

I am trying to cut down my editing time, at the moment I am spending ages using Sony Vegas 9 and Adobe After effects for editing.

Firstly, I colour correct all my footage using colour curves in After Effects, I also stabilise footage if necessary. Then I have to render it before pulling it all together in Sony Vegas 9. This is taking - forEVER... but I don't want to put out lower quality videos for the sake of saving time.

Due to my lack of a super computer I can't really load more than a couple of gig of footage at a time without getting the issues of red screens, failure to render, preview etc. IT just goes to sh-t after I load more than 2 gig of footage into the project. So I have to work on 3-5 minute sections at a time, then render them, reload them into another project and render the entire 10 minutes, this double-render, double compression reduces the end quality than if I only had to render once.

So my first Q is - does Premiere link to footage in the same way that After Effects does, and therefore isn't so heavy on the RAM? And would also allow me to do a final render from original footage, rather than compressed footage, thus allowing for better end quality?

Secondly, can you use the standard adobe colour curves effect (the same as in Adobe After Effects) in Premiere and apply it to an entire working track?

Rhydian

Wannabie Member
Aug 16, 2012
I ride a
Suzuki Bandit S 600
It's the same pain in the ass, only way to really get noticeable gains is through upgrading your computer. If you are choosing to upgrade go with Nvidia for the cuda cores.

Also if your not already, you can compress your final footage really well with handbrake http://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

that way your can save time on uploading that your spending on rendering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts