Phone Mount, Ohlins Damper In The Way!

omw2fyb

IG/YouTube: @RideInSecrecy
Dec 18, 2015
D(M)V
I ride a
2013 ZX6r
Hey guys I've been wanting a ram mount for some time now, specifically the stem mount but I have an Ohlins damper....

So what do you guys think of this set up?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=A3AK1K19MPF0E2

with this phone holder.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=A4IH2VBB85535

I dont trust the x-mount although 90% of people have had success with them there are a few motovloggers who have had their phone fly off. I plan on putting a case on the phone and also using a GoPro Tethering kit which is this....

http://shop.gopro.com/accessories/c...7BLkOpll3zGfNhGz-xvbadXlDsQki5c3CYaAtWb8P8HAQ

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I've never even thought of mounting my phone where I can see it. My sena thing can control everything I want anyway.

What are you using to get the sound to your head holes? Are you just using earphones?

I'd be to paranoid about my phone falling off, I've seen how I ride.

omw2fyb

IG/YouTube: @RideInSecrecy
Dec 18, 2015
D(M)V
I ride a
2013 ZX6r
I've never even thought of mounting my phone where I can see it. My sena thing can control everything I want anyway.

What are you using to get the sound to your head holes? Are you just using earphones?

I'd be to paranoid about my phone falling off, I've seen how I ride.

Switching play lists, or source of music Pandora, Spotify, Music on my phone. Seeing if I want to reject a call rather than take it. For navigation is nice to have a screen to glance at for the map.

Plus I can control my gopro or check out the angle etc through my phone. I just want my phone mounted on my bike

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Yep all of those things make sense to me.

I try to get everything set before I leave now. Its working most of the time.

Only problem I have is space on the bars now. Don't really have anywhere I could fit the phone. Might see what your setup looks like once you sort it out and have a look myself.

MotoDynsty

Putting the Nasty in DyNasty
Mar 11, 2016
Las Vegas, NV
I ride a
K8 GSXR 600
I really love my ram mount. No issues since install and easy to put on and take off. Biggest thing i used it for was what you have already said, using it to control my gopro and checking camera angles. Love it! IMG_20160225_154334.jpg

MiGlyRides

Geordie-Aussie
Jan 5, 2016
Gold Coast, Queensland
I ride a
Honda CBR 500 RA & Honda MSX 125 (GROM)
I've got mine in a very similar position to SighBored, I've got the mount positioned so when the phone is mounted it's all behind the windscreen so it doesn't get hit by wind, and the X-Grip has held on tight so far very happy & it is handy having the phone there, for the reason's stated above

s9rV9Xf.jpg

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO