Pairing A Bluetooth Receiver For A Drift And A Sena 20s

Paul

YouTube name Tangatron34
Feb 7, 2015
Brisbane
I ride a
Gsxr750
Hi while trawling ebay for microphones I came across a Bluetooth receiver, it's a small rechargeable box that in theory should be able to connect to the 20s and play it through to the Drift, hopefully along the line of the GoPro backpack. Just wanted to know if anyone else had come across these, or come to the same conclusions before I spent money on something that may just be a waste of time, especially if someone out there has already tried!
Would have put a link but not allowed yet!

THvlogs

Wannabie Member
Jan 10, 2015
I ride a
Harley Davidson VRod
I've been interested in that too but I think there would be a lag in the audio... For music streaming this isnt an issue but for vlogging I've heard that the delay can mess things up

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
I watched a hangout by mr and mrs brain dump, it's either the latest or last week. A chap went into it but didn't say which adapter he uses.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
In theory you can use any bluetooth kit that supports A2DP, and it would also be likely to record anything else such as your music if you listen to music while riding.

My Nolan N-con has a line out I can use for audio, but knock the mode or something changes, then you loose your audio, I'd personally prefer to use a passive microphone hooked in to the camera, keep it simple, then there's fewer problems.

Reactions: RoninK6

Paul

YouTube name Tangatron34
Feb 7, 2015
Brisbane
I ride a
Gsxr750
While I understand all the comments so far, I've have seen these being used as wireless mic on YouTube (onelonedark-$35 Bluetooth wireless setup for your camera) soz still can't post links! He does a barrage of test, and it trans in stereo with next to no noticeable lag, add that to the fact that we don't really need to lip sink while wearing a helmet! My main thought behind this was that Sena has R&Ded the hell out of noise reduction for the 20s and the sound quilty is great and I'd like to use this to MY advantage, so as far as I can see no-ones has really given it a crack! Looks like I'll bit the bullet buy one and see what happens. I'll update as the testing continues!

ReggiewithTwoGs

Wannabie Member
Aug 7, 2014
Florida
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Kawasaki Nomad
There is a guy on Youtube who uses a sena with a Drift, I know it works, he just never said how well. He does post on here from time to time. He's name is Beast Rider, I'm sure if you sent him a PM he could let you know how it worked out for him or how he has it set up, I left the hang out before he probably got into it.

SKITZR

Wannabie Member
Feb 16, 2015
I ride a
Honda RVF400
Gday Paul,
My current setup with drift and sena 20s is my mic placement. Mic is placed near top right temple. Allows it to record speakers and my voice.
youtube/skitzr
if you wish to listen to quality

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
Gday Paul,
My current setup with drift and sena 20s is my mic placement. Mic is placed near top right temple. Allows it to record speakers and my voice.
youtube/skitzr
if you wish to listen to quality

What adapter are you using for your Drift?

SKITZR

Wannabie Member
Feb 16, 2015
I ride a
Honda RVF400
What adapter are you using for your Drift?
I am using standard drift mic, my mic placement is top right temple inside my shark helmet, where you take off the padding for glasses.

When speakers are active, it is sensitive enough to record the audio. soooo it isn't HD. but it is an alternative!

Shifty

Motovlogger
Jan 5, 2016
U.K.
shiftyblake.wordpress.com
I ride a
Ducati Multistrada 1200 GT
RichVida has sena S20s and he is vloging with sena s20 audio from his intercom conversation with a second rider. I thought wow thats cool, until I learned how he achieved it. Recording audio on the drift from both riders as normal and then taking the audio track from the second rider and adding into the movie. Which is a hell of a lot of work. He uses references like lamposts to line up the audios from the two cameras.

Bad Monkey

Wannabie Member
Apr 15, 2019
I ride a
BMW K1600GT
A cable came with my Sena 20S Evo. One end is a 2.5mm male TRRS which goes into the Sena and the other end is a 3.5mm male TRRS that should plug into the Drift Ghost 4K via an adapter. The Drift has a mini-USB, so the adapter is required. That said, my regular lab mic for the Drift has a 3.5mm male TS plug. When I plugged the 3.5mm male TRRS into the Drift adapter, I couldn't record any audio from my Sena. I'm wondering if the problem is that the plus is the wrong type or does the Sena have to be in any mode other than just standby?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Camera Setups 11

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts