Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaughanztm

Wannabie Member
May 6, 2013
I ride a
Honda CB500
- Name - Dave
- Where you're from - Northern Ireland - Had a look at the map.. Am i the first Northern irish man here?
- Abit about you. - I'm a student studying media at university, I'm Working towards a career in Video Editing Fingers crossed
- What bike you ride - A 2003 Honda CB500
- Why you started v-logging - Haven't started yet and haven't the foggiest on how to set it up but have a Go Pro Hero 3 Black edition :D
- What camera setup you use - Go Pro Hero 3
- Links to blogs/website you may own - My own website - www.vaughanzmedia.com - my twitter- http://twitter.com/vaughanztm

So any tips on setting up a Go pro for moto blogging without it getting drenched in northern irelands typical weather the advice would be welcome :)

ham

Wannabie Member
Jan 21, 2013
Sydney
I ride a
Ninja 250R
In regards to vlogging set up what do you need to know?

I guess first thing is you'll need an external microphone, I use an Audio Technica 3550 connected to the Hero 3 Black with the GoPro Mic adapter. Now to connect the mic to the GoPro you'll need a hole. GoPro just released a skeleton casing which has a big hole for the microphone, however after comparing it to my dodgy home-drilled mess I actually like mine better.

The hole I drilled is only big enough for the mic whereas the official case has a hole big enough to access everything on the side of the GoPro. This means I can weather seal my case with a bit of Blu-tak which I don't think is possible on the official case.

Up to you on which way you go with this, but that should be enough to get you started so you can focus on making good videos :)

Vaughanztm

Wannabie Member
May 6, 2013
I ride a
Honda CB500
Where would the cheapest place to get a spare casing / skeleton casing? Can't drill a hole if i only have one cause i have to use it for underwater shooting too :) Also yeah i've read a few of these setups and drilling a hole seems to be better for waterproofing!

Much would the mic setup cost?

ham

Wannabie Member
Jan 21, 2013
Sydney
I ride a
Ninja 250R
Vaughanztm said:
Where would the cheapest place to get a spare casing / skeleton casing? Can't drill a hole if i only have one cause i have to use it for underwater shooting too :) Also yeah i've read a few of these setups and drilling a hole seems to be better for waterproofing!

Much would the mic setup cost?

Not sure on the cheapest, maybe try Amazon.

The AT mic is $40 or so, and the GoPro adapter is $15 (AUD)

r2ro

Wannabie Member
Sep 19, 2012
Texas, USA
about.me
I ride a
WR250X
I drilled my own case as well. The price listed for the skeleton housing is at 10USD more than a replacement standard housing. So it makes since to drill and replace with the same rather than purchase a skeleton housing. It's also easier to rainproof (not totally waterproof) the smaller drilled hole.

--
Sent from my iPhone

Vaughanztm

Wannabie Member
May 6, 2013
I ride a
Honda CB500
Yeah so gonna use a Scala Q2 mic and just have to wait till i get paid for the replacement housing and adaptor but sort of know what i'm doing now.. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts