Status
Not open for further replies.

pete86

Wannabie Member
Sep 1, 2011
Oxford
I ride a
Triumph Thunderbird Sport
Just a thought but its a micro sd card in an adaptor. Will that make a difference?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

BrianWest58

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Terre Haute, Indiana
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST1050, KX250 and various other instruments of two wheeled death.
As long as it's class 6 or above. I use an 8gb class 10 in mine. WMM converts the mov files when I move the file to it, to edit. Did, however, have to download WMM on top of the bundled version to get the codecs straightened out.

pete86

Wannabie Member
Sep 1, 2011
Oxford
I ride a
I'll have a check. As woth the larger files the camera says its an invalid file

pete86

Wannabie Member
Sep 1, 2011
Oxford
I ride a
Its a class 6 im using. I have tryed 2 in the camera and both are having problems

pete86

Wannabie Member
Sep 1, 2011
Oxford
I ride a
So i tried updating wmm and downloading vlc and the codec thing (from drifts website) i then formatted the memory card and it worked fine for a while. Pretty sure ive narrowed it down to the card now tho so i will order up a new one

BrianWest58

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Terre Haute, Indiana
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST1050, KX250 and various other instruments of two wheeled death.
Don't know that you should have that much problem with it. Maybe I'm the only one who's had similar issues to yours?
I have had to reboot my 2 yr old machine every other time I download from the camera. No biggy, I have some patience but it's a hassle obviously.
I also believe movie maker doesn't work well with even reformatted mov files. It works if you jack with it and it's easy to navigate and so I deal with it. I have the bundled Cyber Director also and it crashes when I import the drift files to it. So WMM it is, even with it's faults.
In short, reboot your machine before you edit and see if that helps at all.

SqueakyBrakes12

Wannabie Member
Nov 29, 2011
Wolverhampton (UK)
I ride a
2003 Honda CBR600F
Sinnis Stealth (125cc)
I just attempted to open my test video for the drift and its came up as a MOV file.
Its deffinately not going to play and I don't know what to do, all i got atm is WMM.

Does anyone know what I can do to open and watch it?

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
SqueakyBreaks12 said:
I just attempted to open my test video for the drift and its came up as a MOV file.

You need to get a video editing software package that supports .mov like CyberLink PowerDirector 8. That's just an example, most decent software packages will support .mov.

SqueakyBrakes12

Wannabie Member
Nov 29, 2011
Wolverhampton (UK)
I ride a
2003 Honda CBR600F
Sinnis Stealth (125cc)
gpzDave said:
You need to get a video editing software package that supports .mov like CyberLink PowerDirector 8. That's just an example, most decent software packages will support .mov.

I've been watching vids on YT and instead of buying software I can just download a converter so when I want to open/edit/upload a '.MOV' file it will convert into '.wmv'.

Will this enable me to do it that way? All i got is WMM and dont plan to use any other movie editing software until i get hold of a laptop or notebook.

SqueakyBrakes12

Wannabie Member
Nov 29, 2011
Wolverhampton (UK)
I ride a
2003 Honda CBR600F
Sinnis Stealth (125cc)
Just tried to import my video onto WMM and i got this following message after it attempted to convert.....

'The file F:\DCIM\100DRIFT\MOV.file.MOV is not a supported file type, and it cannot be imported into Windows Movie Maker.'

Does that mean that converting software which i'm planning on installing will not work?

BrianWest58

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Terre Haute, Indiana
www.youtube.com
I ride a
I've used WMM for a while now with my Drift. On occasion I've had to reboot my machine but other than that, it was my only editing software. I did reinstall once and it seemed to fix the reboot issue. I learned it was a codex missing which prompted me to reinstall. WMM converted the files automatically after that. Last week I broke down and purchased Power Directer just because it has more bells and whistles.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Download Windows Live Movie Maker.

When you said this I was like :shock: I've not even tested editing, I gotta do it now. Thankfully it just worked, takes a minute or two to upload to WLMM but after that it's all good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts