• Total voters

RedRider!

RedRider! Get up that hill bro!
Jun 11, 2016
South Wales UK
I ride a
Lexmoto Diablo 125cc
Hello all,

I'm here to look for a community that I want to learn from. I've been riding for a few months now, I own a Lexmoto Diablo, 125cc

Once I have rode a good while I'll be looking at something more permanent. Potentially a geared bike but wanted to start off light.

I have started a YT channel so you can watch me blossom. My intentions are to watch my experiences as a new rider and hopefully either learn from my mistakes I make but mainly provide lessons for anyone curious, I am also looking for feedback on my videos to see what I need to improve on!

Thank you guys/gals for reading hope to hear from you all

Hypertard

Life, the Universe and Bikes...
May 25, 2016
Oxfordshire
I ride a
BMW F800R, Husqvarna 900R
Hello mate, i will check out your channel and leave comments as feedback! :)

RedRider!

Jun 11, 2016
South Wales UK
I ride a
Lexmoto Diablo 125cc
Hello mate, i will check out your channel and leave comments as feedback! :)
Awesome thanks mate! You should be able to find me dunno how easy it is I tried searching myself and thought it was quite difficult. maybe I am doing it wrong.
anyways I use the same picture YT except it is on its side. I will also check you out are your details on your profile?

Reactions: Hypertard

Hypertard

May 25, 2016
Oxfordshire
I ride a
Awesome thanks mate! You should be able to find me dunno how easy it is I tried searching myself and thought it was quite difficult. maybe I am doing it wrong.
anyways I use the same picture YT except it is on its side. I will also check you out are your details on your profile?

Can't seem to find you yet, any key words apart from RedRider!

RedRider!

Jun 11, 2016
South Wales UK
I ride a
Lexmoto Diablo 125cc
Welcome! What made you get the lexmoto?
It definitely wasn't impulse. I heard so much bad press from the older models of the lexmoto brand. I come across some reviews good ones of course, I didn't want no less than a 125 as a start of bike, the design in general kind of pulled me I think it is a good start off price and some people may thing it would be silly for me to get a brand new one but at the same time I didn't want someone's potential trainwrecked bike ideally I want to learn my area on an auto to get used and familiar my self with cagers around being a passenger of a cager I see idiots all the time. I do follow the defence rule I can push 60 on it nonetheless which is a little faster than most scoots which can be considered another cofactor in which I chose. And the price as well it was cheap for what I got and considering the spec.

Be glad to hear your opinion

RoadSprock

Original Vlogs
Mar 7, 2016
United Kingdom
I ride a
KTM 690 Supermoto/ Triumph Speed Triple 1050
When they first came out it was a brand to not go near as you've said, I do like the nose cone as it almost looks like a mean Ducati staring back. I wouldn't of personally gone for an automatic as a 125, but I appreciate what you've said about learning the roads etc! I just hope the brand turned around, as they used to be seen as build them in your backyard and sell them on eBay bikes.

RedRider!

Jun 11, 2016
South Wales UK
I ride a
Lexmoto Diablo 125cc
I will have this bike for a little while no doubt but my main concern is after then - once I am happy with my comfort levels I will then proceed on bigger and manual bike. I am just trying to be safe and sensible I don't fancy killing my self due to lack of experience, forget the fact that I still have to learn manual aha, Once I am comfortable then I can not worry so much about others as at the moment I am highly defensive haha. I am 23 at the moment so I know there are various options for me but as of now financially (I have a really shet job *misspelt on purpose) I wouldn't want to rip a hole in my wallet completely so this is only temporary, Any suggestions on what bikes or manuals to look into as I hear/see a lot popular brands but opinions here would and most definitely be varied. I also don't plan on snipping my L plates yet. Also as far as i am aware UK law will only let me ride an auto if i pass auto, the same applies for manual to auto? my cbt guy told me that I though it was strange. So Thats another reason why I want to hold out till I paid my bike off so I can resell and reinvest in a new bike. I definitely don't want to ride a scoot for the rest of eternity haha

Hypertard

May 25, 2016
Oxfordshire
I ride a
I started on a 50cc moped/scooter thing. Took it for a 5 minute jaunt, 10 years later i took my cbt and bought my first bike. Do what you sense is best for you. Ride safe and ride on...

RoadSprock

Original Vlogs
Mar 7, 2016
United Kingdom
I ride a
I will have this bike for a little while no doubt but my main concern is after then - once I am happy with my comfort levels I will then proceed on bigger and manual bike. I am just trying to be safe and sensible I don't fancy killing my self due to lack of experience, forget the fact that I still have to learn manual aha, Once I am comfortable then I can not worry so much about others as at the moment I am highly defensive haha. I am 23 at the moment so I know there are various options for me but as of now financially (I have a really shet job *misspelt on purpose) I wouldn't want to rip a hole in my wallet completely so this is only temporary, Any suggestions on what bikes or manuals to look into as I hear/see a lot popular brands but opinions here would and most definitely be varied. I also don't plan on snipping my L plates yet. Also as far as i am aware UK law will only let me ride an auto if i pass auto, the same applies for manual to auto? my cbt guy told me that I though it was strange. So Thats another reason why I want to hold out till I paid my bike off so I can resell and reinvest in a new bike. I definitely don't want to ride a scoot for the rest of eternity haha

Hyper pretty much summed it up, do what you feel is safe. You'll certainly get some road experience on the two wheels also which is a plus, as for recommending a 125 geared.. The best imo for the money is a CB125, cheap and reliable + if it does go bad parts are everywhere. If you have the extra £ for something a little more exotic then I'd go after a YZFR125.

Unfortunately to my knowledge of how things used to work with bike licences, if you got a automatic licence you're restricted to automatics. BUT I believe a manual can be used to ride automatics also.

RedRider!

Jun 11, 2016
South Wales UK
I ride a
Lexmoto Diablo 125cc
No worries, thanks for the info guys. Cause if I do my actual license on geared I'll have to talk to my CBT guy, see if that's true if so I can carry on auto for a while while still have my auto without worrying about an early expiry cheers gents!

Edit - I will let you know when I ask

Reactions: RoadSprock

RoadSprock

Original Vlogs
Mar 7, 2016
United Kingdom
I ride a
No worries, thanks for the info guys. Cause if I do my actual license on geared I'll have to talk to my CBT guy, see if that's true if so I can carry on auto for a while while still have my auto without worrying about an early expiry cheers gents!

Best of luck pal and welcome again!

Reactions: RedRider!

RedRider!

Jun 11, 2016
South Wales UK
I ride a
Lexmoto Diablo 125cc
New Motovlog videos fresh from the oven! I do warn you my 4th messed up majorly but didn't want to risk the rest of my content so the majority of new video is low quality

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Introduce Yourself! 1
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 0
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 0

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts