Status
Not open for further replies.

DualWheeled

Wannabie Member
Feb 21, 2013
Florida
I ride a
Suzuki GSF 600S Bandit
Hey, I'm trying to become a motovlogger, and I say trying because I cant figure out how to set up this damn Drift HD external mic :x
my mic sensitivity has been tried at one bar and no bars and I've tried all sorts of places from inside the cheek pad, above the eyebrow, beside the temple, on top of the chin skirt, behind the nose guard, even just straight up in front of my mouth. All the results are the same, it sounds very muffled/distorted or too much wind noise (I'd like to show my frustration on how worthless the wind screen that came with the mic is :evil: ) If any of the pros have any advice for me or there is a secret answer that I'm missing I would love to know! I've been really into motovloggers for a year now, and now that I FINALLY got a camera I would love to join the community, this is my only hindrance. Thanks again in advance!

DualWheeled.

Chris033081

Wannabie Member
Feb 15, 2013
Western Washington
I ride a
2013 Harley Davidson XL1200C-ANV
I can understand the frustrations. Have you considered a new mic?

Check out my helmet project video and my vlogs. I run a $3 eBay mic on my Drift Ghost. Gets windy at 60+ MPH.
I have embedded the mic in an opening inside the right cheek pad. Seems to work for me. I'm running a modular full face helmet from HJC. I've got good audio at 50 MPH with the face shield up one notch.

Do not lose hope. You will succeed.

Follow my Youtube link below.

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk
Welcome to the forum. I had a hard time getting my mic situated properly when I had my Drift Stealth. I ended up having to put a layer of teflon tape over the mic head after I butchered the microphone housing, and then I stored the mic up by my eyebrow. What a pain in the neck it was for me to get good audio with that camera. I'm not sure how well the Drift HD works with audio, but I know they really improved it with the Ghost.

DualWheeled

Wannabie Member
Feb 21, 2013
Florida
I ride a
Suzuki GSF 600S Bandit
Wow I'm surprised all of responses in a short amount of time, thanks all! :D

yes I still have foam wind filter (which sucks :x )

I'm going to try that teflon tape thing TTG!

I just got back from doing a run and so far I'm really liking the above the eye brow thing like TTG mentioned, and also right around where the chin strap meets the cheek pad

Chris, could you send me a link to the mic you're talking about?

I'll attach a video i jsut recorded where the mic was where i said about the chin strap and the cheek pad, so you guys can get an idea of what im talking about by distorted
in the video my mic sensitivity was set at one bar

DualWheeled

Wannabie Member
Feb 21, 2013
Florida
I ride a
Suzuki GSF 600S Bandit
It's not uploading for some reason but it's very distorted and crackly :/
is the drift supposed to record in .MOV format?

Outlaw3d

Wannabie Member
Feb 21, 2013
Thailand
I ride a
Honda Click 125i
hey DualWheeled, you're not alone bud. I'm having a hard time as well trying to get audio other than wind noise on the Drift HD too (with an external mic). Only I have an open faced helmet so its a bit tougher. I too am gonna try putting the mic near the eyebrow, as that's one of my only options. Good luck to you, once your mic is working, its VLOG time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CollingsB Introduce Yourself! 11
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 2

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts