Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
Re: This is why I hate roundabouts!

This was in no way a threat at all.

I dealt with at least 10 much more close and serious calls than this in the 15 minutes it took me to get to work this morning.

The best way to deal with it is to not worry about it. If you're in the right frame of mind, you should have anticipated this to begin with.

Can't help it when someone makes a mistake like this. We all make mistakes. You just have to not get so stressed about it...

Flame me for this if you like - but there was nothing to get bothered about in that video at all.

2ballsperbike

Wannabie Member
Aug 31, 2011
Toronto, Canada
www.youtube.com
I ride a
04 CBR600RR

The above doesn't imbed. POS. ***fixed***

Incidentally Friz. I have a lot of family living in Derby including a brother. Come on you Rams!!! Maybe on my next visit we'll hook up for an international motovlogger meetup.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S

2ballsperbike said:
The above doesn't imbed. POS. ***fixed***

Incidentally Friz. I have a lot of family living in Derby including a brother. Come on you Rams!!! Maybe on my next visit we'll hook up for an international motovlogger meetup.

Oh wow, thats awesome! :lol:

Haha sure! :D

Sphynx

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Rochester, Kent
www.sphynx.co.uk
I ride a
CBF600SA-8

Roundabouts get far more dangerous if any party, including yourself, approaches them at a speed that is greater than the rest of the traffic and proceeds straight out - sometimes, it's perfectly valid because it is quite clear that there is nothing taking priority, but lets face it, most of the time it's to beat the approaching priority of right.

What then happens, is that the traffic to the left, at least expecting you to slow down and give some idea where you are going (ie. into the roundabout, straight across, immediate left) is suddenly faced with a minor crisis situation. Their automatic use of the roundabout now needs them to think (something that most people are not good at - most people drive subconsciously unfortunately) and the vehicle 'rolls', it doesn't come to a full stop.

From what I can see in this video, that's exactly what has happened. It's a classic case that I see over and over again, car and bike, from all sides of the coin.

if people just slowed down to a decent speed for using the roundabout, rather than keeping full, straight line road speed, it would allow traffic to flow around it far, far more smoothly.

ParisianZee

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Paris, France
www.parisianzee.com
I ride a
2011 BMW F800-R

Friz said:
This was in no way a threat at all.

I dealt with at least 10 much more close and serious calls than this in the 15 minutes it took me to get to work this morning.

The best way to deal with it is to not worry about it. If you're in the right frame of mind, you should have anticipated this to begin with.

Can't help it when someone makes a mistake like this. We all make mistakes. You just have to not get so stressed about it...

Flame me for this if you like - but there was nothing to get bothered about in that video at all.

Sorry but I agree, nothing to get even remotely stressed out about.

2ballsperbike said:
Check these out for asshats...

Awesome videos man. Sub'd.

DJ_Xenobot

Wannabie Member
Aug 22, 2011
London
I ride a
2008 Kawasaki ER6F

Awesome Asshat videos.

Some people shouldnt have a license tbh..

ToySoldier

Wannabie Member
Aug 19, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
dt 125 ntv 650
Yamaha dt125
soon suzuki bandit 400 XD

that happend to me on my 50cc i allmost drove into drivers car door then down the road the police pulled me over and said it was my fault i made her slam her breaks on how can it be my fauly when i was on the roundabout first and allmost hit her drivers door lol made me

Chrus600

Wannabie Member
Aug 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6S Diversion

I almost had a fellow biker ride into me on a roundabout doing the same thing. The cars he was filtering past had stopped but he just kept on coming without looking, so I jammed on the horn which brought him to his senses just in time.

DJ_Xenobot

Wannabie Member
Aug 22, 2011
London
I ride a
2008 Kawasaki ER6F

Oh shit another biker?!
I suppose not everyone out there has common sense...
Speaking of which i know someone on here like that.. >:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Theodor Members Vlogs 0

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO