Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Hi guys and gals, I am currently doing a cosmetic and handling refresh on my V7 (aka Lord Vader). I foolishly neglected to vlog the whole build but have a few videos to start with and will update this post (if it allows me to edit it) with more videos as the build comes along.

I left the bike unridden in my garage for well over a year so to start with I had to get it roadworthy again:

Getting it running was one thing, I also had a slow puncture in the rear tyre but I managed to dupe the MoT tester and then set to it with the spanners (I kinda ignored the puncture at this point). First mod was some new "silencers", these were dead easy to fit and I also fitted a K&N filter too. The fuelling is no way near ideal and I am currently trying to find someone that can sort that for me as I have lost 10mph off the top end, although it does seem to have better bottom end delivery:

The front mudguard, however practical, was horrid to look at so I wanted to trim it down. The next video shows how I went about that. When I fitted it the height it sat was an issue too so I got a mate to trim down the fork-brace/mudguard-mount in his wonderful workshop.

I hope to update this post if I am able to edit it with further videos as progress is made. :)

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Hmmm, why doesn't the forum let me update the original post with more videos? Kinda means to add to the thread I have to break the rules? Mods, if this is not ok please spank my bottom and put me on the naughty step as I think it is pointless to start a whole new thread to post each new video when updating this is more sense and relevant!

Anyhows, here is a quick walkround of where I am at with the bike so far:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated Members Vlogs 6

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts