General My January accident

VetBiker

Wannabie Member
Sep 26, 2021
I ride a
Harley Road Glide and Triumph Bonnie
Okay, here is the accident video from January of 2021. It was on January 4th and I was signing up for the "frosty knuckles" riding challenge. I had just signed up and went exactly 1 mile from the H-D dealership when I was coming to a slow roll at a light, and a teenaged Karen ran the light behind me and hit me. She was so concerned for me, she took the time to put on her "mask" before even asking how I was. I survived. Are there some things I could have done better, absolutely. I thought I had enough space on the position of the car in front, I also "ASSUMED" the car behind me would stop at the light behind me. Never assume anything.

My bike was totaled, I tore the MCL and ACL in my left knee. I was off of a bike for 6 weeks. I did not have surgery, I chose to receive PRP injections in my knee to regrow the ligaments. We can discuss that later, but I highly recommend it. (I run 3-5 miles multiple days per week ). I hope you all can learn from my mistake and be safe. I welcome all comments in a positive manner, trust me nothing you can say negatively hasn't been said to me by me already.

My Wreck, January 4th 2021. Road King destroyed:

Last edited by a moderator:

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Hey @veter,
Okay, here is the accident video from January of 2021. It was on January 4th and I was signing up for the "frosty knuckles" riding challenge. I had just signed up and went exactly 1 mile from the H-D dealership when I was coming to a slow roll at a light, and a teenaged Karen ran the light behind me and hit me. She was so concerned for me, she took the time to put on her "mask" before even asking how I was. I survived. Are there some things I could have done better, absolutely. I thought I had enough space on the position of the car in front, I also "ASSUMED" the car behind me would stop at the light behind me. Never assume anything.

My bike was totaled, I tore the MCL and ACL in my left knee. I was off of a bike for 6 weeks. I did not have surgery, I chose to receive PRP injections in my knee to regrow the ligaments. We can discuss that later, but I highly recommend it. (I run 3-5 miles multiple days per week ). I hope you all can learn from my mistake and be safe. I welcome all comments in a positive manner, trust me nothing you can say negatively hasn't been said to me by me already.

My Wreck, January 4th 2021. Road King destroyed:

Hey @VetBiker you need to allow your videos to be embedded in your YouTube settings if you want to be able to post them on here. It is easy to fix, but you'll need to do it in your channel/video settings on YouTube.

VetBiker

Wannabie Member
Sep 26, 2021
I ride a
Harley Road Glide and Triumph Bonnie
Hey @veter,

Hey @VetBiker you need to allow your videos to be embedded in your YouTube settings if you want to be able to post them on here. It is easy to fix, but you'll need to do it in your channel/video settings on YouTube.
Let me check to see where I do that at.

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
It is worth utilising as sometimes a random may try share your vids on other forums etc and if they don't embed then they often will never get watched

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
That is unfortunate. I wonder if backrest would have hurt you more or less...
But 7000 miles... I think that is about what I usually do in one season, from snow to snow. Unless I manage to go on longer trip, during vacation.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Well welcome to the rear end club!

I had the back rest and it saved my spine. Bent that support bar into a nice curve! I hung it in my garage.

I did not get totaled only because I had no one in front of me and my Insurance made the other driver pay to rebuild the rear part of the bike due to no frame damage to the main section.

Amazing we still get back on the bikes.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts